Argument over Replacing Rigging - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 09-29-2015
The most female moderator

Dock
Re: Argument over Replacing Rigging

When I bought my 22 footer (I was single at the time), I considered it a training boat not just for learning how to sail but learning how to fix stuff that broke. I didn't pay that much for the boat and I thought that if I screwed up fixing something then I would have learned something without being out a lot of money and I could still sail it. If you intend to some day move up to a larger boat, which means higher costs in maintenance should you pay someone to do it for you, you might consider using your Capri as an investment in learning. It's really a good feeling being confident enough to have a better idea of when to pay someone and when to do it ourselves.
davidpm likes this.

Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 11-20-2015

My M25 has the original standing rigging that was installed at the factory. The starboard shroud has a kink in it so I'm replacing it all. But I'm going synthetic over steel.
post #13 of 13 Old 01-23-2016

Re: Argument over Replacing Rigging

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
How about just rebedding the chainplate that you feel had an issue? We replaced our standing rigging on our 22 footer. I didn't think it was that expensive. A "loose wire" would certainly be a reason to replace the backstay in my opinion and if I was going to replace that, I'd just replace all the rigging at the same time.
I totally agree with your comment

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in