Originally Posted by arletteorourke
1. What type of boat do you primarily enjoy? Power or Sail
2. Do you find yourself wearing menís boat shoes because of limited womenís selection or improper fit? Yes or No
No. And my feet are big (10 1/2), so a men's shoe isn't out of the question.
3. Do you prefer a loafer, sneaker or sandal style of boat shoe? Or all of the above?
4. Do you prefer neutral or bright colors in boat shoes?
5. Do you enjoy decorative patterns or prints?
6. Laces or no laces?
7. Socks or no socks?
8. How long does and average pair of boat shoes last you?
I hate buying shoes, and typically only have 2 or 3 functional shoes at any one time - a pair of athletic shoes, a pair of flip flops and my boat shoes. Athletic shoes are only for the gym, consequently they last a long time. (I hate the gym.)
I wear my boat shoes anytime I can't get away with wearing flip flops, so they wear out quicker. Maybe a year?
9. Do you prefer fast drying materials or leather?
Fast drying. You are asking about boat shoes, right?
10. What is your current shoe?
Crocs women's walu II loafer. LOVE THEM!
11. How much are you willing to pay for a very high-quality boat shoe?
A. $20-80 B. $80-$130 C. $130-200 D. $200+
$20 - $80. To be more specific, $55. That's how much my Crocs cost me.
12. What attributes are most important to you when picking boat shoes? Number in order of importance.
Ease of cleaning
1 - non skid/comfort (both non-negotiables)
3 - fast drying
4 - durability
5 - cleaning (should be able to toss them in the washer occasionally)
10 - style/attractiveness
I will take a closer look at the Swims, when my current pair of Crocs wears out. Oh wait, I just took a look and saw the prices. Um, maybe not.