SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   herSailNet (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/hersailnet/)
-   -   sailing braless! (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/hersailnet/53938-sailing-braless.html)

mtboat 05-03-2009 12:11 PM

In the whitewater river guide business, I had a hard and fast rule. No bra s in the boat. It is a hazard. When someone hits the cold water, they could have a diaphram spasm. I think a restriction around the thoracic area could hinder resperations. Worked every time!

Allanbc 05-04-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Writerhall (Post 481808)
I read a mystery novel once where the captured woman surreptitiously dug out the wire in her underwire bra to stab the bad guy with.

Be careful when wearing an underwire bra because it can actually throw off the compass. :eek:

I was on an archaeological project and we were mapping with a Brunton compass on a tripod. To read the compass you had to lean over the compass to look straight down on it. One girl on the project could never get the same reading as everyone else. We finally figured out the underwire in her bra was magnetic and throwing off the compass!

While I'm dishing out public service announcements, I was on another project and showing an archaeologist how to use a sighting compass. She couldn't get the proper reading either. It turned out that the piercing in her eyebrow was magnetic and throwing off the sighting compass.

bwalker42 05-06-2009 11:37 PM

Actually I prefer sportsbra's
they give all the support
and much more
Freeeeeeedom!!

zz4gta 05-13-2009 05:55 PM

This thread is useless without pics.

smackdaddy 05-13-2009 06:04 PM

78 Attachment(s)
+1.

Sincerely,

Sailing Boxerless

blt2ski 05-13-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 485607)
+1.

Sincerely,

Sailing Boxerless

WAYWAYWAY TMI!!!!!!

3 women in my life, ie wife and daughters. would not last long with out!

J36ZT 05-13-2009 10:48 PM

On a close subject...

I've found women crew prefer inflatable PFDs. I asked one time why. The reply was they were more female anatomy "friendly." I carry two inflatable PFDs and, when handing out PFDs prior to sailing, make sure they go to the women onboard first.

As far as the bra question, I'd think a sports bra would be best. Sailing is, after all, a "Sport" ... isn't it? However, as a guy, no bra also works just as well on my boat.

I hadn't thought about an underwire messing with a compass. I guess any metal in clothing with a potential ferous content could do it. Thanks for the tip.

Skipper, J/36 "Zero Tolerance"

deniseO30 05-14-2009 01:48 PM

could be a new line of "marine" gear! Marine undewire bras!

chucklesR 05-14-2009 05:05 PM

My boat has two rules

1) no bra's on board
2) It's more about attitude than attire.

I kid you knot, ask the Admiral (MMR).

sailhog 06-02-2009 04:20 PM

I don't visit Hersailnet, simply because I figured it would be a bunch of women discussing their favorite Helen Reddy lyrics. Then I come across this thread... and I am totally blown away. Well done!