SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Hello from New Jersey (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/123714-hello-new-jersey.html)

tangent 02-19-2014 07:28 AM

Hello from New Jersey

I am a software developer living in south Jersey. My hobbies include building remote control aircraft models, and occasionally flying them ;). That does not seem to burn a big enough hole in my pocket so I decide to pursue my bigger dream, sailing. I am a complete newbie.

I plan to take ASA 101 as soon as the school nearby is opened. I will be looking to buy a sailboat. In fact I bump into sailnet while browsing some boat sale websites. This looks like a great forum and I look forward to learning tons of knowledge here.

Thank you for reading this.

FinallySailing 02-19-2014 01:10 PM

Re: Hello from New Jersey

Hi, and welcome to the forum. You'll certainly found the right place to be given lots of inspiration to follow your dream.

jimgo 02-24-2014 12:52 PM

Welcome! There are a lot of us in the NJ area. Where in South Jersey are you? I lived in the Blackwood and Vineland areas for a lot of my childhood.

ChristinaO 02-25-2014 04:31 PM

Hi Tangent

I'm also new to Sailnet and from New Jersey - Monmouth county. Looking to buy a boat this spring and keep it just off Barnegat Bay. We took the ASA 101 class last summer and are hooked!

Looking forward to meeting more Jersey sailors on this forum! :-)

Christina

jimgo 02-25-2014 11:49 PM

Christina, BB is a great place to be. (sorry, bad joke, but it was serious!) We were there for part of last season and I liked sailing there. I'm looking forward to splashing soon!

chip 02-25-2014 11:51 PM

Ah, New Jersey.

ChristinaO 02-26-2014 10:28 AM

Thanks Jimgo and Chip. Looking forward to finding the cools spots to anchor with our teenagers and dogs. First I have to find my boat tho....

jimgo 02-26-2014 12:46 PM

Tice's shoal.

As for the boat part, well...you can always start a separate thread and get feedback.

tangent 02-26-2014 12:49 PM

FinallySailing, jimgo, Christina, chip,
Thank you all for replying. I live near Cherry Hill, much closer to Delaware river than to the shore. Can't wait to take the sailing class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mad_machine 02-26-2014 01:40 PM

Ahoy Tangent.. I think I am further south in South Jersey than most.. outside of Atlantic City here. Welcome aboard!