Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please. - Page 356 - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

99Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3551 of 3798 Old 04-24-2016

Send a message via Skype™ to ImmI
Re: Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.

Good day good people!

My name is Benas. Some call me Rico. I like both.

After traveling Canada and spending well over half of the year on the Pacific, fishing for all kinds of sea goodies (prawns, salmon, tuna, sea urchins) I realized how much I enjoyed being on the blue waters. So after that I joined my friend from Canadian Coast guard to sail around Southeast side of Vancouver Island for a while. And that just made me fall in love with sailing.

I am form Lithuania, northern/eastern Europe. After an astonishing year in Canada I took my time enjoying USA as well. I bought a car in Vancouver Island and entered US to have my best roadtrip ever. Down the west coast: Washington and it's gorgeous Olympic Peninsula, impressive Oregon coast (have You visited the Sea Lion Cave there? is awesome!) friendly north California and humongous LA area, then stayed for a while in the heart of route 66, Kingman, Arizona and now all the way down to Hayes, Virginia, on the York River. This continent is remarkable...

But this is not over yet. Now great Atlantic ocean separates from my home. And my new goal is to cross it on a sailboat. I was welcomed aboard on 42 feet sailboat by two very nice gentlemen. And it seemed this goal will get on its progress as soon as planned departure at the end of MAY. However life is life and one of the boat owners are not able to go any further then Bermuda. Which is only around 1/3 of the way.

So there we have it. I am offering my service as a committed crew member to anyone who is need of a reliable man on transatlantic crossing. I do not do drugs, smokes, alcohol which after reading post on forums like this I find an asset. I have experience living for weeks and months out there, have small sailing baggage of sailing knowledge and am ready to learn what ever it takes to cross this hell of a puddle between our continents!

Please contact me here, or on skype: gaudas1 to discuss this in more detail. Thank You.

Keep up the good work and happy travels!
Benas/Rico
uncle stinky bob likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3552 of 3798 Old 04-24-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmI View Post
Good day good people!

My name is Benas. Some call me Rico. I like both.

After traveling Canada and spending well over half of the year on the Pacific, fishing for all kinds of sea goodies (prawns, salmon, tuna, sea urchins) I realized how much I enjoyed being on the blue waters. So after that I joined my friend from Canadian Coast guard to sail around Southeast side of Vancouver Island for a while. And that just made me fall in love with sailing.

I am form Lithuania, northern/eastern Europe. After an astonishing year in Canada I took my time enjoying USA as well. I bought a car in Vancouver Island and entered US to have my best roadtrip ever. Down the west coast: Washington and it's gorgeous Olympic Peninsula, impressive Oregon coast (have You visited the Sea Lion Cave there? is awesome!) friendly north California and humongous LA area, then stayed for a while in the heart of route 66, Kingman, Arizona and now all the way down to Hayes, Virginia, on the York River. This continent is remarkable...

But this is not over yet. Now great Atlantic ocean separates from my home. And my new goal is to cross it on a sailboat. I was welcomed aboard on 42 feet sailboat by two very nice gentlemen. And it seemed this goal will get on its progress as soon as planned departure at the end of MAY. However life is life and one of the boat owners are not able to go any further then Bermuda. Which is only around 1/3 of the way.

So there we have it. I am offering my service as a committed crew member to anyone who is need of a reliable man on transatlantic crossing. I do not do drugs, smokes, alcohol which after reading post on forums like this I find an asset. I have experience living for weeks and months out there, have small sailing baggage of sailing knowledge and am ready to learn what ever it takes to cross this hell of a puddle between our continents!

Please contact me here, or on skype: gaudas1 to discuss this in more detail. Thank You.

Keep up the good work and happy travels!
Benas/Rico
Great post of your grand adventure, I wish you good luck!!!!
Fair Winds
post #3553 of 3798 Old 04-28-2016

Send a message via AIM to SandmaJ32 Send a message via Skype™ to SandmaJ32

Newport, RI, - Block Island

post #3554 of 3798 Old 05-03-2016

United Kingdom
post #3555 of 3798 Old 05-03-2016

Balboa Yacht Club, Panama
post #3556 of 3798 Old 05-08-2016

Hi,from northern alberta,having a bit of a problem with forest fires right now,our best wishes to ft. Mac people...when things settle down hope to get my 1st sailboat ,either a dingy or a small day sailor ,for slave lake,lac la biche and such with the intention of eventually doing bareboating on west coast(Vancouver island),and someday the carribean
post #3557 of 3798 Old 05-08-2016

Welcome to Sailnet.
Stay safe and good luck with your boat when you find her!
Fair Winds.
post #3558 of 3798 Old 05-08-2016

ft Walton Beach Florida
post #3559 of 3798 Old 05-09-2016

Greetings from from Sanford, FL.
post #3560 of 3798 Old 05-14-2016

Send a message via Skype™ to SolesUrchin

Vaal Dam, Deneysville.... soon to be Cape Town

s/v SolesUrchin - One step closer to being far, far away......
s/v Ocean Blue - Another step closer to being far, far away......

Tags
costa rica , palm beach , playas del coco , south florida

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in