New to Sailnet not to the water - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 11-09-2014 Thread Starter

New to Sailnet not to the water

I recently purchased my first own boat so now I don't need sponge off others; not that I'll stop but ...

I used to sail a bit back in HS but then got tied up in earning a living, building ships. I've since moved on to IT and back to sailing a few years ago and now am refitting my own boat. It sails fine but does have a couple of areas that need to be addressed.

Not yet sure if I'll take it down river or just get a different boat that already in the ocean but until then I'll be sailing this as long as the boats in liquid water.

If your up by Lake Pepin give me a call.

C&C 27 MkIII 'Whisper'
Currently on the Upper Mississippi River between MN & WI
Special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.
Frank Herbert 'Dune'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2014

Re: New to Sailnet not to the water

A C&C27 sounds pretty big for the Missisippi! What areas do you want to work on?
post #3 of 4 Old 11-12-2014 Thread Starter

Right now I'm in lake pepin which is fairly wide and long with enought commercial traffic to work out the bugs in my systems. The intent is to take it south in the next year or possibly move it to the Great Lakes or maybe trade up. Not sure which way I'll go just yet.

post #4 of 4 Old 11-14-2014

Re: New to Sailnet not to the water

I toy with the idea of a "great circle" tour up the East coast and then down the Mississippi, but it probably never happen. Keep us in the loop!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Sanderling" 32' Sharpie Ketch

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in