MacGregor 72, Sailordanny 72 - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-19-2015 Thread Starter

Dock
MacGregor 72, Sailordanny 72

Fair winds
Partially retired and transitioning to sailing another MacGregor, started on a Venture 21 in Georgia now renovating and sailing a MacGregor 70 in the Pacific Northwest.
Keep it on a mooring buoy in Patricia Bay, BC. Easy to hoist the sails and drop the buoy, sail for the afternoon then reverse the process, drop the sails and pick up the buoy.
Frequently sail alone or short crewed. Boat looks after us even with the big sails up, spinnakers, blast reachers and code zero. Light wind area with a light wind boat, Salish Sea, inshore waters.
Started with one of Roger MacGregor's first boats a MacGregor 21 on Lake Lanier, Georgia. Interesting to have one of the last boats a MacGregor as well.
Boat was in Key West when I acquired it. Gradually renovating and learning to sail a performance boat.
I find your forums interesting and informative as I have browsed them.
My interests are the learning process of sailing and seamanship along with the requirement to maintain the strength and agility to sail as my age matches the length of my boat.
As they say in Georgia Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-19-2015

Re: MacGregor 72, Sailordanny 72

Hello, neighbor!

1984 MacGregor 25

I don't know what I'm doing.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-20-2015 Thread Starter

Dock

I pass Bellingham on my way to Anacortes. I will be working hard to sail in a light wind. Those coming out of Bellingham Bay always seem to have great wind. Should be good in your 25.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-20-2015
Senior Moment Member

Did you sail or truck the boat from KW?

I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-20-2015 Thread Starter

Dock

Trucked Key West to Anacortes. BIg Mac's are 12 beam with less highway restrictions in most states.
Trucking allowed time to learn boat and upgrade it. Removed keel and mast with rigging disassembled, good inspections by riggers in Key West and Anacortes.
Key West to Victoria is a long haul by boat particularly with detour by Hawaii. Boat and crew should have the relevant experience, neither did.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in