Hello everyone - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 03-14-2016 Thread Starter

Hello everyone

Been just reading on here for a bit and figured it was time to say Hi.
My name is RJ, I live in Oregon. Used to sail a ton when I lived in the Monterrey and San Francisco Bay areas. Raced on all sorts of stuff out of Santa Cruz but spent most of my time on a Wilderness 30 out of San Francisco. Did the SF to Half Moon Bay race and also the SF to Monterrey part of the Coastal Cup series on that boat. Had a blast .
That was in the mid 1990's. I moved, got divorced, and I kinda fell out of sailing all together in about 2003ish
And now I once again find myself with the itch to get on the water. I live near Fern Ridge Res. and have joined one of the clubs there and am going to start getting back out beer can racing and also in the spring summer series there.

Anyway, .....I will probably be looking and asking a ton of questions as I get back into the swing of things. Thinking of picking up a 25-27'ish boat to cruise and camp on, keep it on the reservoir but also be able to cruise the San Juan's and maybe up into British Colombia as well. Something stable and comfortable, but not a slug....

Thanks in advance for the help...see ya round here.

RJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-14-2016

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome back to sailing. Looking forward to see what you find for a boat.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-15-2016
Catalina 400 MKII

Go for it! Santa Cruz Sailing on the Move!!

post #4 of 4 Old 03-15-2016 Thread Starter

Loved the beer can races on wed (I think) nights in Santa Cruz. I worked in Watsonville and would run over after work. First time I went I had no idea what I was doing. So when I got to the docks I just held a six pac of beer over my head and yelled "anyone need crew?"
My daughter is at CSU Monterrey so we get down every once in a while still.

Looking at a C&C 24, kinda tempting. Dont like that it doesnt have a traveler and that the mainsheet drops right into the center of the cockpit. I've seen folks rig up a traveler on the cabintop with a bridge across the hatch. Its in pretty good shape and the seller needs to get it gone.....he moved to Illinois almost a year ago.

eta: Also looking at a San Juan 24, its a great buy but needs a fair amount of work.....

Last edited by ordkhntr; 03-15-2016 at 01:15 AM. Reason: more info

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in