Hello SailNet community! - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2017 Thread Starter

Hello SailNet community!

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Hello Everyone !

Just wanted to say hello and introduce ourselves.

We are a couple from TX currently refitting our 1984 O'DAY 39 sailboat to go cruising in, we have been documenting all of our projects and actives we have done so far. Our sailboat was recently impacted by Hurricane Harvey, which has been a set back for us. We are excited to be a part of the SailNet community

Find us on YOUTUBE! Fulfilling Wanderlust
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-27-2017
Learning the HARD way...

Welcome to SailNut! I am an O'day 35 owner, and have done just about everything to my boat over the 8 years that I have owned her.

If i couuld offer one piece of advice about this forum: be nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 3 Weeks Ago

Hi sailnet. I recently got a free Pearson Ariel 26 Hull #132. I know nothing about sailing but want to learn. Anyways the boat is in pretty rough shape. I wasn’t going to take the boat but my friend insisted that I take it since it’s free. There is a lot of work to be done. I’m planning on making it a live aboard and weekend sailor. The intop deck has a soft spot and the interior is rotten!!! I’m not looking at spending a ton of money on this boat but would like some advice on some refitting to make it live aboard. Sorry folks I’m here in Hawaii and everything to do with boats are expensive so I plan on doing the work myself. I have a little Fiberglas experience. Helped out on a couple of new motor boat building but nothing major.

Tags
cruising , sailboat , videos , youtube

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in