SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Bilge Rat Hunter Owner (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/307826-new-bilge-rat-hunter-owner.html)

IDtrucks 01-09-2018 07:49 PM

New Bilge Rat Hunter Owner

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Sailing community! Im a relatively new small sail boat owner. Over the summer I picked up this 81' Hunter 22 for what I think is the deal of my lifetime thus far.

Boat and accessories in great shape, all sails, well maintained outboard, trailer with new tires for the grand total of $500, off of a small town "trash and treasure" call in for sale radio show. The guy just had to get rid of it because he was moving and nobody in town had the time of knowledge or space to deal with it (i only had one of those things).

I have repaired and raced a few small boats with my dad, a 16' cat and 19' flying scott...and spent a summer as a deck hand on a sailing schooner which gave me some confidence to handle this thing. This is the biggest single toy I have owned haha. I certainly got my 500 out of it this summer, and there are many summers to go!

Build thread coming as i put in work this spring. I'm glad to be a part of the community!

My boat, the LIL' NELLIE

Attachment 108266

Attachment 108274

Attachment 108282

Arcb 01-09-2018 07:56 PM

Re: New Bilge Rat Hunter Owner

Awesome deal. Did it come with the mermaids and snow capped peaks?

Nice boat.

Towguy 01-09-2018 10:55 PM

Awsome deal,,,welcome to Sailnet...Ralph

smackdaddy 01-10-2018 10:39 AM

amwbox 01-10-2018 10:43 AM

Congrats. Location? Lake sailor?

IDtrucks 01-10-2018 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by smackdaddy (Post 2051342138)

Oh hell yeah!!

Haha ya I have a weird girl friend with equally weird friends. We have 3 of these mermaid tails we pull out all the time. Surprised everyone at the regatta when this new guy shows up for the first time with a boat, an all girl crew and everyone (including me) is wearing mermaid tails while racing. I think they really warmed up to us when i dove in off the boat between races with the pink mermaid tail, swam across the little marina to another boat, where they poured tequila in my mouth.

I found a pic somehow!
Attachment 108322

Quote:

Originally Posted by amwbox (Post 2051342146)
Congrats. Location? Lake sailor?

Thanks :) Yup, Im a trailer lake sailor. Jackson Wyoming, so we sail in Grand Teton national park on Jackson Lake, Freemont Lake in Pinedale and Yellowstone lake in Yellowstone National park.