Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!! - Page 5 - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 92 Old 01-30-2019

Dock
Re: Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwesterner View Post
Yes, he joined yesterday and his one and only post is his rant posted as his "introduction" , and he's not been back since to answer our questions and offer more information.

I think he lost interest in this and other forums he has posted in when the GoFundMe link won't work.

Quote:

I'm made a goFundMe to try to get some help. It won't let me post a link to it
We do require members to be around for a bit before they can pillage our pockets

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 92 Old 01-30-2019

If he would just post one more time to answer all of our questions I would consider donating to his fund.

Nor'sea 27
Don't re-accommodate me, Bro
And the trees are all keep equal by hatchet, axe and saw...RUSH
I invented a new word today, plagiarism.
post #43 of 92 Old 01-30-2019
Dirt Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaStar58 View Post
Yes there are a couple of markers out in the intercoastal waterway and several more inside the river along with 4 boat shaped submerged objects in the river. If you check the street view from the bridge its not that big a channel with a lot of room for long term storage of boats to be left unattended for weeks or months except at the marinas or planned moorings.
Have to be Houdini to hide a sunken boat in water this shallow. If they sunk in the channel no one could get out of this harbour. The two markers you seem to imply may be sinkers are clearly marked on the chart.

PS. Our keel is often buried in mud in the area immediately west of the park where the chart shows 3'.
Attached Thumbnails
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.jpg  

The hysterical laughter you hear as you drive a way in your"new" boat ..... is the seller.

Last edited by boatpoker; 02-01-2019 at 10:55 AM.

post #44 of 92 Old 01-30-2019
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesail View Post
Google composites several images together, what you're seeing are not sunken boats but boats that were in transit in one of the satellite images.

For instance, there isn't really an airplane at the bottom of our local lake:

Why does Google Earth show a plane at the bottom of Lake Harriet?

Here is where my boat is moored. Each boat has multiple images as it swings around the ball:
Lake Nokomis
I found this post to be very interesting.
I sure am glad there are some people on here that have enough actual knowledge of what gets posted that the misinformation gets quashed pretty quickly. Thank you.
chef2sail likes this.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #45 of 92 Old 01-30-2019

I kept my old boat on the Delaware River, literally 1/2 mile from the end of runway 9R/27L at PHL. Google satellite photos would frequently show airplane shadows on the river surface, as well as the jets flying overhead. They would come and go as Google posted updated imagery.
Minnesail likes this.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina
The Following User Says Thank You to TakeFive For This Useful Post:
Peter Janker (01-30-2019)
post #46 of 92 Old 01-30-2019
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
OP is a seagull - flew in, crapped all over, and flew away.

While I disagree with the nasty NY/NJ millionaires with their "get out of my view" attitude toward innocent cruisers, I'm also sympathetic toward legitimate concerns that people have over derelict boats....blah..blahbety blah..
Is this the standard putdown around PA? Why are you dragging NY into this? Jealous that PA has no oceanfront?

Sal Paradise - Armchair Circumnavigator

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger
post #47 of 92 Old 01-30-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal Paradise View Post
Is this the standard putdown around PA? Why are you dragging NY into this? Jealous that PA has no oceanfront?
They can come from anywhere, but the comments I hear from those who live down there is that people bring the fast-paced northeast city attitudes with them, especially the multi-millionaires with the walls and moats around their houses. Having lived there, I know what they mean. You can insert any city/state you want. No stereotype is universal or perfect. I should have omitted the reference.
chef2sail likes this.

Rick S., Swarthmore, PA
USCG Certified Captain, OUPV and 50 Ton Master
ASA Certified 101/103/104/105/106

2001 Catalina 34MkII Tall Rig Wing Keel Breakin' Away, Universal Diesel M35B, Mantus 35 lb. anchor, sailing out of Rock Hall Landing Marina

Last edited by TakeFive; 01-30-2019 at 10:33 PM.
post #48 of 92 Old 01-30-2019

Angry Re: Unlawful boating tickets, government extortion!!!

sad
post #49 of 92 Old 01-31-2019

I just saw the OP's gofundme page. $10 raised toward a $3500 goal. Seems most think this is BS. I found the page, via another forum, where the entire OP is cut and paste. Even the GFM page is the same cut and paste.

Why in the world would everyone else pay for what the OP thinks are illegitimate fines? If they're legitimate, all the more silly.

I'm guessing we'll never see the OP again.

Ironic that a money grab was attempted to address an accused money grab.
MarkofSeaLife likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #50 of 92 Old 01-31-2019
bell ringer

I'll all for the police giving out tickets to the run down derelict eyesore boats. It pisses me off as a cruiser that I can't find a good place to anchor a lot of times because people have basically abandoned their boat in the only place available. The number of places along the water I haven't been able to stop at and see from this is huge. Yet most threads about the issue, like the OP in this one, try to make it seen it's the rich landowners and the State just being a-holes.

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in