Newly here for a returning sailor - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ksnarf

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2019 Thread Starter

Newly here for a returning sailor

Howdy everyong;
The name's Kris and after more than a few years absence from the water, my partner and I have our first boat.

I sailed square-rigs in my youth and crew'd both ferries and larger sailing vessels in Southern California getting people to / from Catalina Island and sailing around the area.

Now, almost 20 years later i can finally call myself a boat owner.. we at least 1/2 of a boat-owning team. We recently acquired a Tanzer 22 a couple weeks ago that had been left to herself for the last many years.

I am hoping with this little boat I can get my sea-legs back and give my partner a great opportunity to learn the "ropes" of sailing. We have talked about retiring to a blue-water boat and seeing the world, but figured it was best to start here to see how well we work together with the little things.

Looking forward to talking to you here and hopefully picking up skills and knowledge I have yet to know.. Maybe even impart a bit of my own should it be called upon.

.Kris
MarkofSeaLife likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2019

Re: Newly here for a returning sailor

Welcome
Dont feel shy
Feel free to lay it all out
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2019

Especially interested in your square rigged experience Which vessels.? Was aboard the irving J and Exy J. and built my own topsail gaff ketch some years ago.

post #4 of 4 Old 02-02-2019
Tartan 27' owner

You could do a lot worse than the Tanzer 22'. Hope yours is the fin keel model and not the centerboard version.
https://sailboatdata.com/sailboat/tanzer-22

Read the notes section at the bottom of that webpage.
Welcome to sailnut.

"The cure for anything is salt water~ sweat, tears, or the sea." ~Isak Denesen

Everybody has one:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in