Wanting to buy a Hydrovane - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By outbound

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Red face Wanting to buy a Hydrovane

Hi Everyone - I'm new to this site and setting up my yacht for fun and adventure. Just wondering if anyone out there has an old Hydrovane laying around they dont need? They are sooo expensive new so thought i would put it out there. I'm based downunder in Sydney.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 1 Week Ago

Re: Wanting to buy a Hydrovane

Good idea mate.
I bought mine from a sistership. Owner got ill and needed to sell his boat. He crossed the pacific and did the southern islands with the hydro vane but his boat wasnt selling for its ask. So he was selling off stuff to get the asking price lower.
This was ideal for me. Paid less, tubes already cut to correct lengths, and much easy to install.
Might see if you can find a similar situation so ask around on the website for your model of boat or call peoples selling your model of boat.
Also pay attention to what year hydrovane you buy. Like the Fleming I had on a prior boat they wear like iron so an old one is probably quite serviceable with little play in its mechanism. However, there have been significant improvements in design and execution. Go to the hydrovane web site for the details on that. Also they maybe a good source. Very nice people and know about cruising from personal experience.
SanderO likes this.

s/v Hippocampus
Outbound 46

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in