SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
966 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Dirty_Pelican 
#1 ·
We recently purchased a '68 C&C Redwing 30'. We actually won her in an auction. She needs some work, so it's a good thing I like restoring, building and repairing things. I've restored or rebuilt 4 Ford Bronco's ('74, '78, '79 & '84) and most recently a '76 Hobie 16, "Spirit of '76" model. I also did a significant amount of the work building 3 homes over the last 20 years.

Any advice or know how on repairs, fixes, upgrades or updates will be appreciated. I think and work outside of the box and do not settle for "...it can't be done..." without a damn good reason and an explanation. Just because I've never done it, doesn't mean I can't do it.

We plan on restoring our Redwing 30' with the intentions she will sail anywhere we want to go. Which right now happens to be Tahiti...LOL

Thanks in advance....Chris

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Here is what she came with.

-Autohelm ST2000
-VHF radio
-Compass
-8 sails
2 - Main sail's #2332
1 - Spinnaker #2332
1 - Drifter
1 - Jib
1 - #2 Genoa #2332
2 - #1 Genoa's #2332
-Atomic 4 (running)
-rat's nest of wiring
-a few above waterline leaks
-a few relatively small soft spots
-needs a good cleaning inside and out
-bright work needs to be refinished
-hull needs a good scrubbing to clean off algae, no barnacles

Attachments

#6 ·
Here is what she came with.

-Autohelm ST2000
-VHF radio
-Compass
How much of that stuff works?

-Atomic 4 (running)
Get to know these guys: https://moyermarine.com/

-rat's nest of wiring
-a few above waterline leaks
-a few relatively small soft spots
-needs a good cleaning inside and out
-bright work needs to be refinished
You're going to be a busy bee....
I HATE brightwork - lovely to look at, but a PITA. Plastic is forever!

#7 ·
Welcome to the mayhem
Welcome to a fellow C&C

I posted the C&C members site where they have lots of members as well as projects others have done on our brand boats from normal maintenance to special customizing. The site also identifies areas in each size where there have been common issues. There are also many OEM parts available .https://southshoreyachts.com/shop/

You will love your boat and it's quality build

C&C Yachts - C&C Photo Album & Resource Center

Reactions: Dirty_Pelican
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.