SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello

587 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  SanderO 
#1 ·
Hi.

I've posted this elsewhere, but probably should have introduced myself first.

I moved with my family from Southern Maryland to Georgia 18 years ago (hence the user name). We sure miss the water, but not the crowds.

I sailed a little as a teenager, without much real knowledge or understanding. I plan to sail again, mainly in Georgia lakes, but possibly the Gulf of Mexico (within sight of shore), and near my brothers in the sounds of North Carolina, Delaware and Maryland.

I figure a 17' to 20' trailer-sailer will be perfect for an almost 60-year old man. Not too big, I can store it on land with easy access, work it alone, and have a few small luxuries like a cabin and a modest head. Maybe a modest galley. Something I can spend the weekend in with my wife and pup.

It'll be a while before I reach the water, but meanwhile my plan is to learn from y'all and sail vicariously.

Thanks for teaching me!

Greg

See less See more
#3 ·
I would suggest you take a few lessons in a similar size or smaller boat or volunteer at a club to be crew , it will speed up your learning curve a lot and help you make a good decision on the right boat for you.
Happy Sailing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.