SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   I got a sailboat! (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/332086-i-got-sailboat.html)

CharlieJP 12-08-2019 09:20 AM

I got a sailboat!

Hi, my name is Charlie. I recently purchased a 78 Irwin Endeavour 32' and have anchored in Boot Key Harbor. I started this journey around mid October. Life situations had me looking for a new home and I had a friend who had been in my ear about this sailing thing so I started looking at sailboats. I found this one in Ft Lauderdale, watched it for a month as the price continued to drop and made the purchase when it was right. We fixed up my friends sailboat in North Carolina and motored mostly down the ICW to Charleston where we went out and sailed across Georgia in some seas nasty enough to make me sick and I don't get seasick! It was hairy but we learned a lot and lived to tell the tale. We have been hard at it trying to make it to Key West but found Marathon to be a little more accommodating to our needs. If you're in the area feel free to stop in and say hello. Glad to be here!

bigdogandy 12-08-2019 10:33 AM

Re: I got a sailboat!

Congratulations on buying an awesome boat and joining a great discussion forum, Charlie! Post some pics when you can.....

Minnewaska 12-08-2019 11:47 AM

Welcome aboard. Good luck with the new boat.

chef2sail 12-08-2019 12:10 PM

Welcome ...great story

Donna_F 12-08-2019 07:37 PM

Welcome to SailNet, Charlie. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Are you planning on living on your new boat? What are your future destinations?

RegisteredUser 12-08-2019 08:18 PM

Oh no.
You went and did it now.
:)

CharlieJP 12-08-2019 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna_F (Post 2051640290)
Welcome to SailNet, Charlie. I look forward to reading about your adventures. Are you planning on living on your new boat? What are your future destinations?

I have been living aboard since October. I am planning to live aboard as long as possible. I have a job to fall back on in the spring if life insists but am hoping to find small jobs to keep me sailing as long as possible. Future destinations include anywhere out of America. We/re planning to be around Isla Mujeres as soon as our boats are up to snuff. From there only time can tell the tale.

PhilCarlson 12-09-2019 07:58 AM

Congratulations and Welcome!

midwesterner 12-09-2019 04:19 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Nice boat. I just did a bare boat charter on an Endeavor 32 back in September. I's a nice sailing boat.

Well, this is fun: I uploaded a copy of the attached photo turned Left, one turned Right, and one turned upside down, and this program turned all four of them to port.

midwesterner 12-09-2019 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll try to add a corrected photo. I don't know why it rotated my photo.
I chartered an Endeavor 32 in September. It's a nice sailing boat.