More Chesapeake Bay - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeff_H

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Dock
More Chesapeake Bay

So I've joined two forums recently, and only did an intro on the one. So here goes... we've had our 1984 Endeavour 40 for about 7 years now and sailing in a limited area of the Chesapeake (limited by our choice) while we got into the ups & downs of owning a large vessel, with many old systems which we tried to learn and work with over the years. There have been a bunch of great times, a handful of scary times. The best part is we're still together this lady and me, oh and we still have the boat and like to sail her too. Meanwhile, our dreams get bigger, and so we begin the journey of selling this vessel and looking for something that already has the things we want installed rather than the route of installation. The endgame is more sailing! With friends!

Attached Thumbnails
MillCreek-2.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago

Re: More Chesapeake Bay

Welcome aboard. Many members here are based on the Chessy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #3 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago Thread Starter

Dock

Thank you!!

post #4 of 6 Old 2 Weeks Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlanRock View Post
So I've joined two forums recently, and only did an intro on the one. So here goes... we've had our 1984 Endeavour 40 for about 7 years now and sailing in a limited area of the Chesapeake (limited by our choice) while we got into the ups & downs of owning a large vessel, with many old systems which we tried to learn and work with over the years. There have been a bunch of great times, a handful of scary times. The best part is we're still together this lady and me, oh and we still have the boat and like to sail her too. Meanwhile, our dreams get bigger, and so we begin the journey of selling this vessel and looking for something that already has the things we want installed rather than the route of installation. The endgame is more sailing! With friends!

Welcome to SailNet, and welcome to sailing on the Chesapeake. My mother owned an Endeavour 40 hull number #2 that she had built back in the 1980's. Mom really liked that boat. They lived aboard and cruised pretty extensively around Florida and the Bahamas. I think that the picture of your Endeavour may have been taken near my house on Mill Creek.

Jeff
GlanRock likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay
post #5 of 6 Old 6 Days Ago Thread Starter

Dock

Hi Jeff_H,

Yes, that picture was taken during our very first overnight stay on Elysian in Mill Creek in August of...2013?! What a beautiful area! We puttered around on the dink for a bit then up to Cantler's for crab cakes I believe. It ended up drizzling rain on us, she got warm below decks, and we slept inside the full enclosure. We are actually planning on heading back down there likely this spring/summer/fall to do it again if our purchase of a new vessel goes through.

Thank you so much for the welcome! I would have replied earlier, but it seems I was visiting the forums without signing in and did not realize someone replied to me.

John
post #6 of 6 Old 6 Days Ago
Administrator

You probably were anchored in sight of my house. I live on Martin's Cove off Mill Creek and look across the creek towards the tip of the peninsula where Cantlers is located.

Good luck with your new boat deal.

Jeff

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in