NeW@SailNet an want a shoal draught boat - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By stardusted
  • 1 Post By fallard

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 04-07-2020 Thread Starter

[email protected] an want a shoal draught boat

Hey, smiles to everyone!

I am interested in a boat I can sail in shallow waters...and can be beached...Like the Meadowlark..also like Sharpies of all sorts...Roger Martin wont sell me his Presto..help

Have spent time sailing, and commercial fishing LA, Mississippi Gulf Coast to Apalachicola FL. Lived aboard for couple of years, and I'm still married to her!..40 years now..oh, retired now..so is she..so we wanna sailbum again.

Have sailed 40 some odd foot Wharram cat, Gulfstar 50, Choy Lee, Hunters, Sanjuan, Buccaneer, C&C, Pearson's,Strange custom shoal center boarders, Westsail, Bristol's, Grampians,Stiletto cat, Columbia, others.. Learned a lot! playing with other peoples boats.. Favorite sails were the Wharram cat and the C&C's...what am I saying..There all great!

For money I was an Industrial Arts Instructor, Biology Instructor, Field Biologist, Fisherman. For fun I was a Falconer, an Sailor...Like Fancy goldfish an water gardening too..ah Heck,, insectivorous plants as well..

Any Leads for a Boat..Appreciated! In the USA...Gulf of Mexico to IC Channel marker #1 preferable.

Daniel W.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190417_073907.jpg   IMG_20190417_071623.jpg  
oysterman23 and Arcb like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-07-2020

Re: [email protected] an want a shoal draught boat

Welcome aboard.

Consider a West Wight Potter 15 or 19 keel retracts so it is beachable. Montgomery 17 has a stub keel/centerboard so no beach-able but better performance and still shallow draft.

Jordan
West Wight Potter 14 "Lemon Drop"
Oceanside CA
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-08-2020
Master Mariner

I'd wait a couple of more months before I began shopping in earnest. Prices will probably drop dramatically. Boats and RV's are the first things to go in difficult financial times.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
ďBelieve me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.Ē ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

post #4 of 5 Old 04-08-2020

My Clearwater 35 is for sale, but it isnít even close to the OPís preferred area in the Gulf of Mexico. Too bad, as the 2í draft (keel retracted as in the thumbnail) would allow the OP to wade ashore if he didnít want to scuff the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0586.jpeg  
chef2sail likes this.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-08-2020

Stardusted what size boat are you looking for? I have a Dehler 25 for sale. 18" keel up 5' keel down. On a trailer in Houston TX. I could deliver once the cooties are gone.

By the way are you involved with the Shed? My nephew used to compete against them and was on TV with them several times.

JJ

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in