My wife and I have recently relocated to Costa Rica from Canada, we plan to buy an older boat that I can fix up, I have only sailed once so I am as green as they come, I will probably have lots of questions so please be patient with me as I ask the stupid ones, we are going to look at a 1973 islander 37 tomorrow morning here is the listing...
37' 1973 Islander Sailboat w/ mooring, dinghy, trailer, outboard motor... - $28000 (Playa del Coco, Guanacaste)
1. Costa Rican registered vessel,
2. Ownership is in a corporation,
3. Length-37ft., Beam-10ft,,8in.,Draft-5ft.,8in,
4. Weight- 14,000 lbs.,
5.2006 new Yanmar diesel 29 hp (approx. 270 hrs),
6.2003 new Selden mast,boom,standing rigging,
7. (316 S/S),,running rigging/2003 new,
8. 2009 new wiring 12 v system,
9.10 ft. Apex dinghy, hard bottom (80 lbs) with trailer,
10. 2009Yamaha outboard 8 hp (8 hrs). More information upon request.
11. Watermaker (pickled with new membrane),
13. Propane stove-3 burners,
14. VHF radio,
15. Refurbished mainsail & jib,
16. Sewing machine with extra sail material & fabric for covers,
17. Handheld GPS,
18. Many areas of the interior have been updated with teak,
19. Deck & hull are up for her biannual repainting (price has been reduced due to this).
The interior needs to be completely redone I will do this! I would also have it surveyed prior to making a deal, I'm not asking about the price point as you probably think it is high, as do I , us buyers always do
Give me your thoughts