Need Volvo MD6 Parts - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 06-21-2012

Send a message via Yahoo to dacap06
Re: Need Volvo MD6 Parts

Did you fellows see this thread? A place that strips and parts out junked boats sounds like a long shot but may be worth following up.

T. P. Donnelly
I sold my sailboat and am no longer active on Sailnet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 11-22-2017

We have 8 new stainless steel manifolds in stock as of 11/22/2017. Regards, Heinz 315-686-3621 French Creek Marina
post #13 of 17 Old 11-22-2017

Good afternoon,

Are you stocking any MD7 parts? Specifically exhaust elbows?

33' Brewer, Murray 33, steel cutter
44' Pape, Steelmaid, cc steel cutter

post #14 of 17 Old 11-22-2017

I use www.marinepartsexpress.com for my Volvo parts. They have schematics that are extraordinarily helpful. Prices are good.

captainpenta violated forum rules by using the forum to sell a commercial service, let alone their first and only post.
CVAT likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #15 of 17 Old 11-27-2017

Excuse me Minnewaska. Not trying to violate forum rules. Your post is a bit harsh. My intent is to let people know that we do have parts in stock for the MD series as well as many other Volvo engines. Not selling a commercial service, I'm selling parts. How is your advert different?
post #16 of 17 Old 11-27-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainpenta View Post
Excuse me Minnewaska. Not trying to violate forum rules. Your post is a bit harsh. My intent is to let people know that we do have parts in stock for the MD series as well as many other Volvo engines. Not selling a commercial service, I'm selling parts. How is your advert different?
I went back to re-read it. What's so harsh about it? It's a simple rule that you can't sell a commercial service or product of your own on the forum, without being a paid advertiser. You agreed to it, when you signed up.

Many just swoop in, as members, for that sole purpose and are deleted. I hope you are planning to stick around and participate in sailing related discussions. I bet you have much to add, if you're in the business, but no one gets paid here. I'm not a mod on this forum, but can say with certainty that your first ever post will be deleted, if noticed by them. I have some friends with a summer place near Clayton, which is why I provided the warning and didn't press the report button myself. They know your business.

Mine wasn't an advertisement, it was a referral. I'm not affiliated with marinepartsexpress, I'm only passing along a good experience.

Hope to hear more from you in other discussions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #17 of 17 Old 04-12-2020

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and to sailing, I have a seamaster 23 which I have had for about a year and recently bought a md6b which im hoping to put in,
i have a couple of questions if anyone could possibly help me out...
1. I dnt have a gearbox for it at the moment as I'm struggling to find one as you can imagine but is there an alternative to a volvo penta I could use?
2. I have a small oil leak coming from the hollow threaded shaft? I have a bolt in there at the moment but has any1 any idea why it is a hollow and threaded shaft at the end?
Any help on this would be much appreciated thanks guys John

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in