Re: Absolutely no experience, solo crossing an ocean?
If the OP wants to do this, I say go for it, with a few caveats.
1. Pay for this on your own dime. A Rimas repeat, or a GoFundMe means you don't have nearly enough skin in the game.
2. No self aggrandizement, with Rimas being the prime example. This will not be a record setting journey. You will not end up in Guinness Book.
3. Carry a Delorme unit. The Delorme isn't to call for rescue. You opted for this, so do so without expecting a rescue that endangers the lives of others. Make your bed and sleep in it. The true purpose of the Delorme is more to feed sailing forums. We will feast upon your every transmission, and critique your every action to no end. The amount of entertainment your adventure will provide to many is worth it. Yes, you can touch many lives.
4. Work in the word Ohey every third transmission.
5. Be prepared, should your boat become disabled, to be used as a rounding mark for an impromptu race.
Is this tongue in cheek? You decide.