Sirocco 15 daysailer a good first "real" boat? - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 04-28-2017

Re: Sirocco 15 daysailer a good first "real" boat?

I was told the plug in the front just before the cabin was to fill with water for more weight. It would just fill the nose of the boat? I don't know though.
Shyfoxx can you send a pic of the heeling straps Mine do not attach to the back of the boat, just in the front before cabin.
This is my first sailboat and were cleaning her up and fixing up a pic of the rigging would be great as well.

I hope someone still replies to this site,

Thanks, Sharon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 07-15-2017

Hi there,
Did you ever get any replies? I'm looking at buying one of these and have much the same questions. Thanks, Kieth
post #13 of 16 Old 08-21-2017

I just sold mine and I'm on vacation right now but will respond with a photo when I get home in 2 weeks...

post #14 of 16 Old 09-24-2017

Hello all... Have attached a few photos of my 1976 S-15 and will answer a few questions... The plug under the cuddy cabin as far as I know is just for emptying any water which may have got in there, not to add water for ballast. The hiking strap is attached at the cuddy cabin and at the stern, per attached photo. The main sheet rigging requires a double block to be attached at the fitting on the keel cover (between the swiveling cam cleat and the winch), then a stop knot is placed at that block with the sheet being run through that block and up to the boom block twice, then terminated at the swivel cam cleat. When I sold the boat this summer I made up a set of rigging instructions which were:

1) Unstrap mainmast and insert heel (base) of mainmast into mast step on cabin roof, ensuring that the bolt at the heel (base) of the mast is in the mast step slot and that the shrouds, spreaders and forestay are in correct position for attaching to hull chainplates and bow fitting
2) Attach shrouds to chainplates and raise mast, attaching forestay to bow fitting, ensuring halyards are not tangled
3) Make adjustments to shrouds if necessary, but they are a bit loose as I have them set up, maybe you’ll leave them the same at the beginning
4) Attach boom to mast via gooseneck fitting and wing nut
5) Disconnect trailer electrical connector
6) Launch boat into water ensuring all drain plugs are inserted and closed then secure boat to dock or beach
7) Insert mainsail foot into slot in boom and pull clew to end of boom, tension the clew now or later, insert cotter pin into tack near gooseneck and then insert luff of sail into mast slot and attach mainsail halyard to the head
8) Attach jib head to halyard and attach tack to deck bow fitting, then hank on jib to forestay
9) Attach rudder and ensure a safety line is attached to rudder frame and boat, you never ever want to lose your rudder
10) Attach mainsail control line (long ˝ inch line) to boom block, swiveling cam cleat, jib sheets via fairleads to port and starboard cam cleats
11) Partially lower centerboard and raise sails to start getting underway using cabin top jam cleats for jib and main halyards, then lower centerboard completely

Hope this information is of some help...
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0946.JPG   IMG_0945.JPG   IMG_0858.JPG   IMG_0860.JPG  

Last edited by enb54; 09-24-2017 at 03:11 PM. Reason: clarification
The Following User Says Thank You to enb54 For This Useful Post:
kkreates (09-26-2017)
post #15 of 16 Old 09-26-2017

Thanks Enb54. I appreciate the reply!
post #16 of 16 Old 09-26-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkreates View Post
Thanks Enb54. I appreciate the reply!
The mainsheet rigging requires a second block attached to the swing keel cover fitting, similar to figure 6 at the Ronstan mainsheet systems rigging guide. Have attached a view looking from the cockpit to the bow hiking straps. Happy Sailing!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0857.JPG  

Tags
daysailer , sirocco

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in