Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 2
Re: New to Living on a Boat
1. you need money; what is your budget? what size boat?
2. do you have a suitable place to keep it?
3. prerequisites; learn to sail first.
4. since you intend to live on it, check all the through hulls.
5. no, you do not need a boat license to buy a boat; just $$.
6. you may need to operate the boat to take it away (from a marina?)
7. if you know an experienced sailor, invite him to go with you to see the boat first before you pay.
8. have the boat surveyed to find out any big faults.
9. storms are scary; all sailors try their best to avoid them!
10. you will need some source of heat for winter.
Magnum 21, Laser, Hobie 16, Noelex 22, Kestrel 19, Laser, 470, Seahopper, Optimist, Sunfish...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by David Chin; 08-18-2017 at 04:41 AM.