Looking for a female friend - Page 2 - SailNet Community
Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 21 Old 01-26-2017

Re: Looking for a female friend

It reminds me of the joke notices we used to see posted on bulletin boards in diners here in the Midwest before the internet.
"Wanted: mature woman wanted for companionship, long-term relationship and possible marriage. Must be a good cook, love dogs and fishing. Owning your own boat and trailer a big plus."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 21 Old 01-26-2017
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....

Send a message via Yahoo to zeehag Send a message via Skype™ to zeehag

ha hahaha ha
WANTED: man with boat.
show pic of boat

hahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaa
Minnesail and seabeau like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #13 of 21 Old 01-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiLee View Post
Would love to join you!
Hi VickiLee, I will be departing Galveston via the ICW for Florida in about a month (mid Febuary '17) I will bounce down Fla's Gulf coast to Punta Gorda, hope to spend at least a couple weeks there then on to the keys. From Marathon to the NW of Cuba then Jamaica and on to the San Blass and Panama City. Eventually through the canal and across the Pacific, visiting many of the island groups as we pass through. The boat is 38' with many amenities. Built by Ted Hood she is at her best at sea, she can take her crew anywhere on earth and bring them back safely.

post #14 of 21 Old 01-29-2017

VickiLee, I have been unable to access my paddy45 account so I established another as patricktodd if you'd like you can message me there. Thanks, Pat Sailnet tells me you will have to contact me by email, it is: [email protected]

Last edited by patricktodd; 01-29-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: not enough posts so adding email address
post #15 of 21 Old 01-29-2017
The most female moderator

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricktodd View Post
... so I established another as patricktodd if you'd like you can message me there. Thanks, Pat
She can't. You don't have enough posts to receive a PM from anyone other than a mod. You'll have to post an email address if you want her to contact you privately.

In any case, one member can't have two user names so please decide which one you want to keep. Thanks.

Donna

Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #16 of 21 Old 01-29-2017
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanski View Post
Only been looking for the same for almost 30 years. Good luck!
It took me 18 to find the right one.
seabeau likes this.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #17 of 21 Old 01-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna_F View Post
She can't. You don't have enough posts to receive a PM from anyone other than a mod. You'll have to post an email address if you want her to contact you privately.

In any case, one member can't have two user names so please decide which one you want to keep. Thanks.
Is there a flare gun emogee he could use that would cut thru all the redtape and find champagne in the rain?
post #18 of 21 Old 01-29-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
It took me 18 to find the right one.
I'll take a wild guess that you weren't 'looking' when it happened....?
post #19 of 21 Old 01-29-2017
Master Mariner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegisteredUser View Post
I'll take a wild guess that you weren't 'looking' when it happened....?
Well.... I'd say I was still looking, but certainly not expecting.
One of my crew from the previous year's sail south brought her best friend to meet her "captain", when I was back up in Providence, RI. The rest is history.
Honestly though, I sailed north because the chances of meeting someone were greater in the states than on any island in the Caribbean.
Internet adds brought out the weirdos, that's for sure. However, spontaneity seems not to be in the lexicon of today's single women.
I miss the days when there were 20 people walking the docks wherever we were, looking to go sailing. Begging to go sailing!

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

facebook.com/svskippingstone
post #20 of 21 Old 01-29-2017
Land lubber

I met my wife on the 'interwebz'. Plenty of fish dot com at that. I waited 44 years to get married the first time. I found the right woman and haven't looked back!
seabeau likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in