SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Looking for Companionship... (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/looking-companionship/)
-   -   natural vegan, organic, veganic dude for similiar female sailor (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/looking-companionship/230281-natural-vegan-organic-veganic-dude-similiar-female-sailor.html)

VeganSailing 12-14-2015 11:53 PM

natural vegan, organic, veganic dude for similiar female sailor

hi,

i feel like u are out there somewhere. im in the caribbean and open to sail wherever if we meet and connect. we can help each other out. i can clean naturally and prepare raw or cooked veganic meals and u can teach me the ropes of sailing.

i havent sailed yet but was a varsity athlete and enjoy peace and quiet and working hard for a good cause.

NovaturientSpirit 05-03-2016 11:43 PM

Re: natural vegan, organic, veganic dude for similiar female sailor

Hi VeganSailing,

I am vegetarian and my partner (Chuck) is vegan. It seems there aren't many other vegetarian/vegan sailors like us out there. We don't have our own boat yet, but we're looking. We're currently members of a sailing club and honing our skills out on San Francisco Bay and plan to begin circumnavigation in 3 years.

Where are you currently located? We love the idea of crewing with other plant-eaters like us. I wish you the best of luck finding your vegan mate. Believe me, they are out there! Don't give up. :)

Mary

VeganSailing 05-04-2016 08:06 AM

hey,

nice to hear from u! im in the caribbean now. is there an email i can reach u at?

NovaturientSpirit 05-04-2016 09:03 AM

I just learned the hard way that I can't PM you until I have 15 posts on this forum. Wow!

Our email address is the same as our username here on the forum, with a dot . between the words novaturient and spirit, at gmail dot com. Hope to hear from you! :)

Mary

VeganSailing 05-05-2016 03:07 PM

hey did u get my email?

Jeff_H 05-05-2016 06:44 PM

I am surprised that you have not seen a many vegetarians living the cruising life. I have been a vegetarian since 1967 and have been amazed at the number of us Veg's of one type or another that I run into in recent years. I more rarely run into people who are full blown vegans or 'raw' and most of them are considerably younger than I am. So I would think that you should not have a hard time finding one in the cruising life. As it turns out a lot of cruisers of the 'go now-go simple' school go vegetarian or at least pescatarian during passages to avoid needing refrigeration.

Good grazing

VeganSailing 05-06-2016 07:04 AM

hi jeff, ya i guess u havent been out there enough. what areas were u in?

Ajax_MD 05-06-2016 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeganSailing (Post 3476961)
hi jeff, ya i guess u havent been out there enough. what areas were u in?

LOL...you have no idea who you're talking about. Jeff has extensive time at sea.

capta 05-06-2016 10:28 AM

It would be interesting to learn how a vegan can do a 20 to 30 day crossing on fresh produce, without a walk in fridge. I've not been able to keep much beyond cabbage for any length of time. We even have trouble managing fresh fruit and veges on a 7 day charter in the Grenadines, if the venders on the small islands can't supply them, which is often the case. We did one charter recently where we couldn't buy limes anywhere in Grenada all the way to St. Lucia. A gin and tonic just ain't a gin and tonic w/o fresh limes! It's a dastardly plot, I just know it is.

VeganSailing 05-06-2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajax_MD (Post 3477057)
LOL...you have no idea who you're talking about. Jeff has extensive time at sea.

sorry i meant to say .. i havent.. lol