Pirate Girl Seeks Match in Vermont - Page 3 - SailNet Community
Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 30 Old 06-23-2016
arrgh!

Dock
Re: Pirate Girl Seeks Match in Vermont

While I understand how singles are singled out (ha, get it), but I also like that all topics are open for humor... I made a joke about I could be in a bad marriage, I didn't mean to insult married people... but I guess they part of the joke.

When it is relentless... gets old

what concerns me is when people go to forums that are not intended for them and take over.. The best example is herSailNet. But I guess if you are a man and you are an expert on women's sailing issues... well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vector X Y
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 Old 06-16-2018

skippersusan - am 62 soon to be retired mechanic in central ny. wondering how you made out with your sailing in salty waters. am getting the bug
post #23 of 30 Old 06-16-2018

It's understandable that single sailors would used sailing for meeting and dating. Why not? I assume most of the posts seeking companionship are legitimate and wonder why all the joking and belittling of the effort??? The OP sounds fine to me and I hope she finds what she is looking for. She sounds like a good catch for the right sailor. Certainly on a regular meet up site you would be wasting your time with such a focused set of "specs".

Good luck to her. I hope she finds what she is after.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

post #24 of 30 Old 06-16-2018
arrgh!

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch_pack View Post
skippersusan - am 62 soon to be retired mechanic in central ny. wondering how you made out with your sailing in salty waters. am getting the bug

If you look at Sailing Susan's profile, you will see her last activity was two years ago...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vector X Y
post #25 of 30 Old 06-17-2018

Dock

If you look at the original post. On the same day we're 6 replies by "homorists" pretending not to make fun of her at a vulnerable moment... And a picture of a half undressed far younger woman.
Really it's just **f&@#ing** disgusting what single people have to put up with.

Not only that her post gives enough information to easily identify her and her work place opening her to ridicule.

Of the 24 total responses just guess how many are not just morons being stupid?

And to make it worse the unfeeling Mods who allow it.

Both here and Cruisers Forum there's a special sub-forum for 'Ckmpanionship'... And both allow belittling of posters and responders.

You ratbags who are in a nice secure relationship may be happy to scoff and ridicule people whose husbands or wife's have died, or have been through the heartbreak of familily dissolution, but let me tell you I find the attitudes of Moderators and members utterly disgusting.

Either delete the sub-forum or start putting brain and humility into geer and show support by immediately deleting all responses other than those obviously seriously contributing.

Just stop bullying people who are displaying their innermost vulnerability.

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go

And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #26 of 30 Old 06-17-2018

Mark is correct. It's perfectly understandably that someone who is deeply into sailing and single and seeking a partner would want one who is into sailing... at least into learning. I think a fair amount of females see seeing a picnic... romantic possibilities perhaps... but not a lifestyle... not a passion... not something a "normal" person would do 24/7. I think these women are correct...24/7 sailors are NOT your average person perhaps. And this means that the "lifestyle" could isolate them from experience which are important to them. A 24/7 sailor female is indeed rare and why would those who are 24/7 male sailors or wanting to be ridicule this? This is beyond dumb.

Of course you will find some troll posting a BS add... or some sort of naive newbie jumping into these "shark invested waters"... but this reads like a completely legitimate and compelling personal ad. After the majority of the responses no wonder the OP never posted after that or that others looking to do the same would think long and fast about it. The replies were disgraceful. And how many men ridicule other men for posting a sailing personal? I suspect few. This appears to be yet another example of the sexism all around us... on the water as well.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

Last edited by SanderO; 06-17-2018 at 11:05 AM.
post #27 of 30 Old 06-17-2018

I am equally frustrated by those that actively accuse every man of being sexist, if their wife isn't at the helm.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #28 of 30 Old 06-17-2018
Captain Obvious

Agree - mods should delete all irrelevant responses on companionship threads.

Sal Paradise - Armchair Circumnavigator

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger
post #29 of 30 Old 08-19-2018

Hello Pirate girl

I am Malcolm and also just posted on sailnet looking for a girl. I am 70 with 50 years exp sailing. I used to own a Crealock 37. Very nice boats. back then (1991) I owned an electronics business and could only take the weekend off. too short for a sail to santa cruz is and back in a weekend. So I sold the Crealock and bought an Island Gypsy 40 ft trawler. with that I could get two full days in at the island and hardly miss any work. We had a home with a slip in ventura ca. Would leave our slip at 8a Sat , arrive at santa cruz at 10:40a on sat morning. Had all day to swim, snorkel, dive, visit with friends, etc. Then on sunday, did not have to go home as we did with the sailboat so we enjoyed a second day there and left for Ventura at 6a Mon morn. , in our slip at 8:30a, tidied up and at my office by 9:30 or so. So the trawler was great. In the years with that boat I became pretty expert at twin screw. We once chartered a Nordic tug 42 in BVI for two weeks and did excellent due to years of single screw sailboats. But a single screw trawler with a hefty engine and a large wheel, actually is way way more responsive than a sailboat maneuvering in wind, tight quarters etc. And trawlers are way more comfy when you get to destination.

So we owned seven sailboats [last was a Jeanneau 43DS sold 2014] and two trawlers for 43 and 7 years respectfully. 50 years total seamanship with a lot of hours per year. I single handed the Jeanneau 43 from San Francisco to Ventura (abt 380nm) in gale warnings with actual wind of 30 to 50 kts. Mostly about 40 kts with 20 ft seas. Yep.. quite experienced.

My wife and sailing partner all those years passed from Alzheimers Nov 3, 17. I cared for her at home until the end. the end was quite ugly. I still cry for my Arlene daily. You don't really appreciate how much you love someone until they are gone. Altho we both said "I love you" almost every day for 50 years.

If we worked out, would you be willing to go in on a larger boat with diesel genset and amenities to make life really comfy? I'd like to have a slip in a gulf state and set sail for the virgins when hurricane season ends and bum around there and back before next hurricane season. Any how I am pretty well fixed so between us we could have what we want. I am thinking sloop with stay'sl (cutter?) or Trawler (Grand Banks 42 or 46 Europa) ?

I am 70 but everyone thinks i'm 50 or 60 something because my hair is still the same color as when I was a teenager. I have grown a mustache recently.

I love all forms of classical music including Opera. Arlene and I saw over 100 live opera's together over the years. Also love piano trios. Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, Schubert et al.

have I whet your appetite? or not? We share same passion for boating I think we can give each other what we need and looking for.

I am an electronics engineer. When our daughter graduated from HS I suddenly felt free and emboldened and started my own company designing, selling digital communications products. The company took off like a sailboat with genoa unfurled in a 20k breeze. I've been retired since 2001. Prior to starting my business I was a senior staff engineer at Hughes Aircraft in Culver City CA.

My cell is 951 852 3258 call or text me and lets see if we have the right stuff for each other. I hope so. I'm getting tired of being alone in a 3500 sf home. I reside in Hot Springs Village, AR google it. My home is on Lake Balboa, has a two slip boathouse, 19 ft ski boat and a 40 ft pool.

Oh.. I am damn skilled at maintaining boats, diesels, you name it. and the other arts of boating.. anchoring. beautiful three strand eye splices with or without thimble etc, navigation. also damn handy at home maintenance. Never have called a plumber. just got done installing two new water heaters in my home.

anxious to hear from you. once we have each others cell numbers we can quickly exchange pics, selfies and more. if you have an iPhone, we can use face time to see each other, I can show you In and out of my home, pool etc.

Color me anxious !!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0767.JPG   IMG_0759.jpg   IMG_0748.JPG  
post #30 of 30 Old 08-20-2018

Captain Susan posted that notice over 2 years ago. On another site, she mentions that she currently has a partner. I think she found a guy.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in