Introducing myself Malcolm aka k6uaw (ham call) - SailNet Community
Looking for Companionship... This forum is specifically designed for sailors who are looking for someone to spend their lives with - those who also have a passion for the sea.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Donna_F

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 08-13-2018 Thread Starter

Introducing myself Malcolm aka k6uaw (ham call)

I am hoping to find a new first mate here.

My name is Malcolm, My wife (Arlene) and I have some 45 years in sailing together. We have owned these boats in this order.. Cal 20, Cal 25. Ericson 27, Catalina 30, Crealock 37. Jeanneau 43DS. We have also owned a Grand Banks 36 and an Island Gypsy 40 trawler. Arlene and I used to sail the So Cal islands (from San Clements Is. to San Miguel is.) Favorite is Santa Cruz Is. 2 weeks at sea, two weeks home all summer for years.

In 2014 my Arlene and wonderful first mate came down with Alzheimers. I sold our43DS (berthed in Ventura, CA). We moved and bought a lake home In Hot Springs Village, Arkansas. I cared for Arlene at home, sadly my mate of many decades passed on Nov 3, 2017. 9 months ago and I still cry for her daily!

I am seeking a non smoking lady 50 - 65 with sailing skills/knowledge (and sailing lust) to continue with. As a declaration I have never been arrested and last traffic ticket was 1989. I have a carry License I submit as proof of my clear background. Since I currently do not own a cruising boat we can plan this together. I do have a 19 ft sea ray ski boat in my boathouse Behind my home on Lake Balboa. There is also a 40' swimming pool in the back yard to cool in in summer.

I do not smoke and have NEVER used drugs of any kind. I do love a few cool ones on a hot day. I avidly love to swim. I miss having someone to swim with. and drink wine with.

I love classical music in all forms including opera, chamber, concertos. from Baroque thru say 1875. Love piano trios, esp Schubert, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven and Mendelssohn. I miss having someone to attend concerts with.

I am an electronics engineer. A business I started in 1983 allowed me to retire quite early in 2001..

Is there a salty lady out there that could put up with sailing with me ?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0767.JPG   IMG_0759.jpg   IMG_0748.JPG  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-13-2018
The most female moderator

Dock
Re: Introducing myself Malcolm aka k6uaw (ham call)

Well Malcolm. I'm very sorry that you lost your beloved wife. Welcome to SailNet. I'm not exactly sure that you will find what you're looking for on this forum but hey, can't hurt to try.

I am going to move this thread to the appropriate forum. Best of luck.
sailforlife likes this.

Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-14-2018 Thread Starter

Thanks for your help. Where will my thread be after moved?

BTW.. the 10 post requirement could be met in 10 mins with 10 nothing burger posts? ie seems silly to me.

Malcolm

post #4 of 6 Old 08-15-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by k6uaw View Post

BTW.. the 10 post requirement could be met in 10 mins with 10 nothing burger posts? ie seems silly to me.

Malcolm
When I first joined this site, I didn't have any trouble finding 10 questions to ask, or substantive comments to make.

Last edited by Donna_F; 08-17-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Fixed quote.
post #5 of 6 Old 08-17-2018
The most female moderator

Dock

I'm sorry Malcolm. I can read your PM to me but the site is still messed up and I cannot reply.

Donna

Catalina 30 TRBS
Rock Hall, MD
KB3ZCB

If you're helping someone and expecting something in return, you're doing business not kindness.
post #6 of 6 Old 08-17-2018

Man you seem like a catch you should have a lady in no time. Sorry about the wife thats heart breaking, hope you find strength in your faith.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in