cell phone coverage in Penobscot Bay - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 Old 02-21-2018
Super Moderator

Re: cell phone coverage in Penobscot Bay

Verizon is the best bet for coverage along the entire Maine Coast. I have both an AT&T and a Verizon phone, they are often side by side when cruising the Maine coast. AT&T often has zero coverage and with Verizon I am almost always better off... My Wife had a US Cellular work phone up until late last summer and it too was horrible. Her company is now on Verizon. There are still plenty of holes however and no cell coverage will get it all, especially in Pen Bay. Still, if I had to bring one phone to Pen Bay it would be the one on Verizon hands down.

Oh and the Verizon and AT&T "coverage maps" along the Maine Coast are nothing but a cruel joke....

This map shows our neighborhood..

Verizon has done numerous site surveys in this neighborhood, their regional sales manager used to live two houses away from us and had zero coverage, and they know damn well there is ZERO COVERAGE here due to the hill we are on. This map is the epitome of a joke.. This is why I also have an AT&T cell phone because the AT&T tower is on an island across the cove from us and we have great coverage from that AT&T tower. Verizon works great most everywhere else and AT&T sucks but at home my Verizon phone is a joke and their map is a flat out lie. Please, please please do not trust the Verizon "coverage maps". They are about as honest as Volkswagen emission claims...
oysterman23 likes this.

______
-Maine Sail / CS-36T

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Last edited by Maine Sail; 02-21-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 Old 02-21-2018 Thread Starter

Thanks, Maine, we may have to give Verizon a try. We'll be spending much time around Vinalhaven - any idea what the coverage is like over there?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1995 Pacific Seacraft 34
Iphigenia
post #13 of 13 Old 02-21-2018

I cruise Vinalhaven area every summer. The Verizon coverage is spotty to non-existent. Same with all the Islands in that area. I use a lot of text there since it works eventually. Hurricane Sound is outstanding for cruising. Visit Swans Island, Stonington, Merchants Row, and all the other Islands nearby. Beautiful area.

Last edited by kmacdonald5; 02-21-2018 at 05:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kmacdonald5 For This Useful Post:
jvlassak (02-22-2018)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in