Mirage 27 - Owners Manual. - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By James Mead

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-12-2017 Thread Starter

Mirage 27 - Owners Manual.

I have inherited a Mirage 27 from my father. Enjoying the boat, but having difficulty finding any information/manuals other than for the sail drive. I'm looking to drop my rudder this winter and hoping someone here has a manual/repair book that will make this less of a trial and error repair.

Thanks

James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-13-2017

Re: Mirage 27 - Owners Manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Mead View Post
I have inherited a Mirage 27 from my father. Enjoying the boat, but having difficulty finding any information/manuals other than for the sail drive. I'm looking to drop my rudder this winter and hoping someone here has a manual/repair book that will make this less of a trial and error repair.

Thanks

James
As with most sailboats, there was no owners manual for the boat itself. Just manufacturer's info on the various components like engine, stove etc.

Once you get at it it should be obvious what needs to be done. Just make sure rudder has enough clearance so that it will drop out.

By the way, I once owned a Mirage 27, but it was the Schmidt design. We once broached under spinnaker during a race and the rudder split in two! It had tiller. So long ago, I can't even recall how we got it fixed. I think Mirage probably just sent me a replacement (The boat was quite new)
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2017 Thread Starter

Re: Mirage 27 - Owners Manual.

Thanks for the response. Yulara will be on the hard tomorrow, so I'll start to work it out. I'll try to post some pics in the relevant post to show what I did.

J
CVAT likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in