Thoughts on the Mirage 35. Looking at buying possibly - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-27-2018 Thread Starter

Thoughts on the Mirage 35. Looking at buying possibly

So I'm back boat shopping again, yep sucked into that black hole for another round.

I'm looking at a couple Mirage 35's. I love the look and heard good things about their reputation. I also heard the stemhead was a bit flunky but have had at least 1 seller come back saying his was re-enforced with stainless steel.

I need a coastal style cruiser for the Great Lakes with a 3 person family on board (2yr baby). Eventually have dreams of the ICW south and leaving her in Florida for Caribbean trips.

Any thoughts on other issues the 35's have, items I should watch for (specific signs of structural damage these boats show)? Did they core the hulls on these? Thanks!

Some youtube videos, nothing fancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-10-2018 Thread Starter

Re: Thoughts on the Mirage 35. Looking at buying possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyfromthenorth View Post
So I'm back boat shopping again, yep sucked into that black hole for another round.

I'm looking at a couple Mirage 35's. I love the look and heard good things about their reputation. I also heard the stemhead was a bit flunky but have had at least 1 seller come back saying his was re-enforced with stainless steel.

I need a coastal style cruiser for the Great Lakes with a 3 person family on board (2yr baby). Eventually have dreams of the ICW south and leaving her in Florida for Caribbean trips.

Any thoughts on other issues the 35's have, items I should watch for (specific signs of structural damage these boats show)? Did they core the hulls on these? Thanks!
Anyone have any pics of a stem head fix or know what exactly fails? We may be closing a deal soon and I want to keep my mast upright! Thanks

Some youtube videos, nothing fancy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-21-2018

I have a Mirage 33 same as the 35 and had a custom one made by stainless steel outfitters. They did an awesome job on it price was around $1300.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in