Mirage Yachts Ltd - Page 3 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 06-24-2011
smp
C&C 32

Send a message via MSN to smp
Just piping in for the searchers.
I own a Mirage 24 and sail her out of Toronto. As my first boat I couldn't ask for more. Purchased it last year so it hasn't been that long but many hours of sailing and maintenance have already been spent with it (topsides were treated with a light sanding, rubbing compound and wax and the finish came out almost perfect, bottom paint in spring, some electrical modifications, otherwise it needed nothing). Ours does not leak, at least, not anything worth mentioning. The only problem with the boat that we have had so far is that the gelcoat on the deck has not been waxed or treated in years so it's really dirty and chalky. I have spent the past few days cleaning the deck with Bar Keepers Friend (best product I've ever used to clean anything) and it's coming out great! Have started the waxing job as well and once this is done I think the boat will be in tip top shape. We could use a new main sail but that will have to wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 05-28-2012

Re: Mirage Yachts Ltd

I purchased a 1978 Mirage 24 and it didn't have a boom, anybody out there have a boom for sale, the main sail is 84" wide.
The fiberglass doors for the cockpit storage are also in bad shape, would purchase two of those if anybody has a boat for parts.
post #23 of 24 Old 10-09-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whissell View Post
Hi Fonkamex:

We have a Mirage 25, We've done many changes with her, If you like a large open concept check them out. We downsided from a C&C35 Mark III to the Mirage 25and am very happy with her layout and performance, she is a good seaworthy vessell. Don't fret about the twin mainsheets on her it can easily be changed to a windward traveller in the cockpit, We've done it. Improved performance immensely.

Oldsailor
Hello,

I just recently bought a 84 Mirage25.
I'm interested in how you convertered the twin main sheets to a travler system?

Johan

post #24 of 24 Old 10-13-2018
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamis01 View Post
Hello,

I just recently bought a 84 Mirage25.
I'm interested in how you convertered the twin main sheets to a travler system?

Johan
Look at Harken's website regarding a windward sheeting car system. Call Harken for information and help with your application. They helped me convert my 24 to a newer windward car system.
-CH

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in