SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Morgan (
-   -   Mast Collar? (

Mizu 10-09-2007 12:09 PM

Mast Collar?
I was wondering if anyone here knew a place to buy a mast collar for a 1973 Morgan OI 41? Now to make sure I am using the correct terms. I am speaking of the metal ring around the mast where it attaches to the hull. Sometimes I say mast collar and people think Im talking about where the mast enters the deck . I think that part is called a mast boot. But I am no expert. The mast collar looks to be rusty and I was trying to get a price check on a replacement. Any links to Morgan Parts distributors would be appreciated.
Thank you.

billangiep 10-09-2007 01:29 PM

Mizu. I think the correct term would be the mast step and where it goes through the deck is called the collar.The boot is the seal around the mast and collar.This link may be helpful?

Mizu 10-09-2007 01:50 PM

Thank you for correcting my terminology.
I will browse the site you suggested and see what I can find

SailorMitch 10-09-2007 03:11 PM

If it is the mast step you need to replace, I suggest posting your question on a site dedicated to Morgan's -- perhaps the Sailnet email list for Morgan's will be a start. Corroded mast steps are very common and no doubt a bunch of people have already tackeled that project on your particular model and can give specific advice. This board is rarely that active for a particular make of boats.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome