A sailboat has been grounded on Squalicum Beach. What happens next? - The Bellingham - SailNet Community

LinkBack Article Tools

Old
A sailboat has been grounded on Squalicum Beach. What happens next? - The Bellingham
by NewsReader 06-10-2018

The Bellingham Herald

A sailboat has been grounded on Squalicum Beach. What happens next?
The Bellingham Herald
The Port of Bellingham will soon move a sailboat that has been grounded on Squalicum Beach for at least two weeks. The boat is perched and leaning on rocks on tidelands owned by the port, off the end of Roeder Avenue. "We are not sure if the boat is ...

More...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Views 341 Comments 7
Total Comments 7

Comments

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2018

Re: A sailboat has been grounded on Squalicum Beach. What happens next? - The Belling

The link just takes me to Google News. But I did a search on Google and found this:

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/new...212539989.html

The short video shows a raised/flush deck boat. Does anyone know what make/model this boat is? There are three additional pics further down the page that may help in identifying this boat.

I ask because I love this raised deck design.

Thanks!!

Hal Nash
Waldport OR

Last edited by hnash53; 06-10-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: added content
Old 06-10-2018

Re: A sailboat has been grounded on Squalicum Beach. What happens next? - The Belling

It appears to be a mid 60's Cal. They were various lengths, so take your pick. I wonder what a ton or so of lead is worth these days?

Old 06-10-2018

If you have the redirects and advertising blocked that will happen.

I copy the link and paste it into something like notepad:

And then strip off the Google Tracking Junk leaving just the link to the article which is everything to the right of "url=":

Link to original article:
Port of Bellingham to move boat grounded on Squalicum Beach | The Bellingham Herald
Attached Thumbnails
GoogleNews.JPG   JustTheNews.JPG  

Last edited by SeaStar58; 06-10-2018 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
It appears to be a mid 60's Cal. They were various lengths, so take your pick. I wonder what a ton or so of lead is worth these days?

Cal 25, T/4, and the Cal 2-24 all had flush decks. The T/4 had a transom-hung rudder... the other two head rudder posts and spade rudders.

I can't tell which rudder type this boat has.

Any other ideas?
Old 06-11-2018

It appears to be a Newport 27 which was a C&C design built by Capital Yachts.

It is definitely not a Cal.

Jeff
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
It appears to be a Newport 27 which was a C&C design built by Capital Yachts.

It is definitely not a Cal.

Jeff
Jeff, as I kept looking more closely at the lines of this boat, the more it seemed to be different from the flushed decks of the Cal's. Thanks... you got it.
Old 06-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Not sure what the scrap value is, but I pay $4US per pound for it at the scuba shop.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in