So when I replaced the bulkheads I used regular plywood thinking I could seal it will enough. The chain plates are really hard to seal in my opinion, I feel like once you tension and untension the side stays the chainplate moves up and down breaking the seal and letting leaks in Well turns out I couldn't. I decided to redo it with starboard; doesn't look nearly as good, but it was quick and easy to replace and won't ever rot. It also does lighten up the cabin a bit I think. Gotta love not having to seal, stain, varnish wood!
Here is the old piece, you can see some pretty heavy rot:
Here is the new piece in the boat (ignore the mess). You can also see the carpet I put on the sides.
And finally I gave up on getting the old super cracked window frames to seal. If you can sense a theme here, it rained pretty hard on the last long weekend I took with the admiral so trying to make sure it doesn't happen again! So here is the 1/4 inch smoked acrylic cut in shape and the inside edge painted black with exhaust paint to hide the silicon and tape that will hold it on. Using a metod outlined somewhere else on this site, will link later.
And on a finaly note, I had to plane 1/16 off of my centerboard and added another 5lbs of lead weight at the bottom. There was one bump in the keel cavity that caused it to bind a bit and I wanted to add some more weight anyway.
So remeasuring the centerboard it is now back to the original 1 7/8 width (47mm)