Bombay Clipper 31 - Page 6 - SailNet Community
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 59 Old 08-17-2016

Re: Bombay Clipper 31

Thanks roverhi! No quarterberth only two settees; and no passages YET! We are still looking at other boat interiors for inspiration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 Old 08-17-2016

Thanks FarCry that's a great suggestion. I hope a VI passage is in our future for next year! Do the current owners of FarCry post on any sailing forums? Would love to connect with them. Any other Bombay forums you know of?
Cheers!
post #53 of 59 Old 09-05-2016 Thread Starter
Freedom 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Allen View Post
Thanks FarCry that's a great suggestion. I hope a VI passage is in our future for next year! Do the current owners of FarCry post on any sailing forums? Would love to connect with them. Any other Bombay forums you know of?
Cheers!
Sorry for the late reply, I've been spending a lot of time away from the internet. The current owner has Far Cry for sale and hasn't used the boat much in the past couple of years. I don't believe the current owner is on any forums. I rarely see or hear from him and Far Cry is just one dock over from me... I don't know of any Bombay forums. There are a few Bombay Clipper owners here though.

post #54 of 59 Old 09-06-2016

DulceSuerna,

We are newbie Bombay owners; working on her on the hard in central fl. Do you still have yours?
We'd love to ask newbie type questions about upgrades and modifications. Thanks so much!
post #55 of 59 Old 09-06-2016

Our gal; soon to be home sweet home. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
2016-08-15 08.47.43.jpg  
post #56 of 59 Old 09-26-2017

We are going to repower our BC31 with a Yanmar 3GM30 ( bought it without engine). We are in need of some help with engine bed modifications. We are looking for some pictures and insight on other re powers. Thanks
post #57 of 59 Old 10-11-2017

Did you receive any photos or replies? We are repowering with an ElectricYacht motor!
post #58 of 59 Old 1 Week Ago

Hi there to everyone still keeping tabs of this thread, my name is Alex, I’m a proud owner of Saltbox, a Bombay Clipper 76’, of the shoal draft persuasion at 3.5 feet.

I’m about to do a pretty heavy refit; the rigging, power plant, wiring. That’s just the stuff I’m planning on but I do not expect that list to stay short as I really start finding the nook and cranny Easter egg leaks and cracks some time uncovered on the hard will produce.

I just wanted to drop a post in the thread and maybe make contact with other owners, I’m kind of teaching myself as I go as far as all the refit work goes, I’m going to go slow and not get in over my head. but I look forward to learning from you guys as well as the rest of the community.

I do actually have a question to kick myself off here, do any of you have experiences with hinged or tabernacled masts? I’m thinking about making the switch, but I haven’t really found much about them in the 31 foot length.
Laura Allen likes this.
post #59 of 59 Old 1 Week Ago

Hi Alex, thanks for your message. I have not posted enough to send you a PM, so maybe this will work! I remember how excited I was to find other clipperites here, we are a small orphan community! The previous owner of 'Far Cry' was helpful and encouraging when I found him here. We also found a sister ship in south FL and went to see her as she was repowered with electric.

Our one year project has dragged into three years now, but she's in the backyard at our daughter's house so we don't have to travel to work on her BUT we also don't have to 'rush'. We bought a Thunderstruck electric motor but not the batteries yet, we are looking for a marine electrician or even an RV electrician to help us out. One positive of a slow refit: the batteries and solar keep getting better and less expensive, lol.

We have pix of our progress on a blog somewhere that I can share AND we even found and spoke with the original owners, that was inspiring! We are in central FL where are you located? I can't wait to hear about your gal! Feel free to move this conversation to email if you like laura at wowva dot com ~Cheers, Laura & Jeff

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in