Its warm and sunny outside. Perfect weather for sailing.
Somehow, however, my version of sailing seems to involve lots of wrenches and tools.
For those of you keeping up with the craziness of SV Sunflower. The current project is the "new" yanmar YSB8.
The previous powerplant, the Baldwin Saildrive is going to CW3Shannon, and is somewhere in the postal system.
Here is the new power plant, sitting the shop.
I bought a pair of these yanmar engines, or so I thought.
Turns out we have 1.7333 engines. I'm short an Injection pump and and the injector, but have everything else in spades. So, I now have a plentiful supply of working spare parts.
Going to fetch it was a 8hr drive one way, so I took the fuel efficient car.... We managed to cram both engines and all the extra parts into my Hyundai Elantra. Pictures exist but don't do the task any justice.
Once everything was home it was time to alternatively ignore everything, and then work feverishly, before ignoring it again. (besides it was cold outside)
Step 1 through 73 is strip it down and repaint, refurbish, and inspect everything.
Step 74 is create yanmar windchimes in the backyard.
Which gets us caught up from the last couple of months to this weekend.
This weekend has been a constant task of prep, hang, paint, and repeat. But the growing pile of new looking parts is pretty rewarding work.