P30 for free - SailNet Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By RichH
  • 1 Post By amontijo1
  • 1 Post By annascaptain

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-20-2017 Thread Starter

P30 for free

Anna is currently on a mooring in the Warren River, in Rhode Island. She's basically sound but needs some work, and I'm no longer able to use the boat. I've had her for 10 years and cruised extensively -- last summer I spent 3 weeks from Martha's Vineyard to Block Island. She does need some work -- the Universal Atomic 4 engine has a small leak in the manifold, so it will need to be repaired or replaced. The wiring to the engine and blower all works great, but the rest needs rewiring. It's more than I have the time or expertise to do; but if you do, Anna is a great boat. I can give a full report to anyone seriously interested. Basically, she's in sail away condition. If you want her, she's yours.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2831 (1).jpg   315347_333206270100482_745869342_n (1).jpg   425003_333208240100285_1020113268_n.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-20-2017

Re: P30 for free

If you don't get any 'takers' from this group, consider to 'donate' such a boat to non-profit youth group, etc. .... there's tax write-off advantages in doing so.
seabeau likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-20-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by annascaptain View Post
Anna is currently on a mooring in the Warren River, in Rhode Island. She's basically sound but needs some work, and I'm no longer able to use the boat. I've had her for 10 years and cruised extensively -- last summer I spent 3 weeks from Martha's Vineyard to Block Island. She does need some work -- the Universal Atomic 4 engine has a small leak in the manifold, so it will need to be repaired or replaced. The wiring to the engine and blower all works great, but the rest needs rewiring. It's more than I have the time or expertise to do; but if you do, Anna is a great boat. I can give a full report to anyone seriously interested. Basically, she's in sail away condition. If you want her, she's yours.
I'll take it!!! Give me a call at 864-483-3392 please. My name is Rob and I have rescued boats in much worse shape than this.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

post #4 of 7 Old 07-21-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by annascaptain View Post
Hello! I'm looking for a first boat so I can finally go out and get some sailing experience, I understand how to fix boats too and was hoping to take your offer for this boat! You can reach me on my cell phone at (401) 536-7815.
fallard likes this.
post #5 of 7 Old 07-21-2017

Hello! I work in the Brewer Cove Haven Marina in Barrington, RI. I went for a drive and I found the location of your boat. I'm very eager to accept your offer for the boat I just wanted to take a look at it. I can bring a dingey over today and take it off your hands if your ready to complete the offer today. I'll simply tow it to the marina in Barrington that I work at, rather than have to take it out of the water.

Thanks,
Andrew
(401) 536-7815
post #6 of 7 Old 07-22-2017 Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your interest --- the boat is gone.
Sal Paradise likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 07-22-2017

Well that didn't last long. Hope she has a good home and a bright future.

Nor'sea 27
Don't re-accommodate me, Bro
And the trees are all keep equal by hatchet, axe and saw...RUSH
I invented a new word today, plagiarism.

Tags
free boat , pearson 30

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in