Aft bilge sump pump on Crealock 37 - SailNet Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lantau
  • 1 Post By muttskie

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-05-2016 Thread Starter
SV Skalliwag #141

Aft bilge sump pump on Crealock 37

Where is your aft bilge sump pump located? Is it inside the bilge of mounted elsewhere? What type pump?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-06-2016

Re: Aft bilge sump pump on Crealock 37

I have the hose pickups for both the manual bilge pump and a remote located diaphragm pump in the bilge area just aft of the main fuel tank. They are accessed through the removable sole panel located under the companionway ladder. I'm in the process of installing bilge pump and alarm float switches in that area, also. I also have another vane type pump and float switch located in the bilge area forward of the main fuel tank, just inboard and below of the house battery bank, accessed through the removable sole panel at that location.

Bill Petras
Pacific Seacraft 37
Pristine
post #3 of 8 Old 02-06-2016 Thread Starter
SV Skalliwag #141

Muskie: So where is the aft bilge pump actually located?

post #4 of 8 Old 02-06-2016
Banned

Same for my 37: pickups and alarm switch in the bilge behind the fuel tank (aft end of the keel). The manual bilge pump is itself is in the aft starboard cockpit locker, attached to the aft cockpit bulkhead. The electric pump is mounted on the outer edge of that locker, affixed to forward bulkhead (that is, the bulkhead that divides the two starboard cockpit lockers [if my memory is correct]), with both pumps routed overboard at the waterline at the base of that locker.
brokesailor likes this.
post #5 of 8 Old 02-06-2016

On my boat, the recently added diaphragm pump is located on a small custom made, powder coated, aluminum shelf that is bolted on the aft side of the bulkhead that separates the aft end of the large stbd. cockpit locker from the smaller further aft cockpit locker.

It is tucked up under the cockpit coaming and out of the way. Sorry no photo of the pump installation.

The input hose was routed along the same path as the existing manual bilge pump that is mounted in the cockpit footwell on the stbd. side. The output tees into the same thru hull as the manual pump.

The wiring was not difficult to install and goes to my bilge control panel, which I had made, to control the diaphragm pump (aft), the vane pump (fwd), and the various float switches. This panel is located on the forward, inboard portion of the quarter berth sidewall paneling adjacent to my battery switch. See photos.
Aft bilge sump pump on Crealock 37-2-zone-bilge-panel-petras.jpeg

Aft bilge sump pump on Crealock 37-2-zone-bilge-panel-rear-petras.jpeg

Aft bilge sump pump on Crealock 37-img_0327.jpg
brokesailor likes this.

Bill Petras
Pacific Seacraft 37
Pristine
post #6 of 8 Old 02-06-2016 Thread Starter
SV Skalliwag #141

Mine is also installed like Lantau's. I have a JABSCO 5.5 GPM diaphragm pump. Is that what you have? I am upgrading my refridgeration and the JABSCO will need to be relocated.
post #7 of 8 Old 02-06-2016
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesailor View Post
Mine is also installed like Lantau's. I have a JABSCO 5.5 GPM diaphragm pump. Is that what you have? I am upgrading my refridgeration and the JABSCO will need to be relocated.
I hate to admit it, but I don't know for certain. That said, I think I've got the same pump you have (saying this because it looks similar when I compare a poor picture of mine that I have with pictures on the internet). It's mounted on a fiberglass shelf in the forward outboard corner of that compartment.

My fridge system is mounted in the big starboard cockpit locker, forward end. Are you saying that you want to put your fridge compressor in the compartment aft of that? If so, it's probably not a bad idea. I sometimes worry that I have too much stuff around the fridge compressor.
post #8 of 8 Old 02-06-2016

If you were asking me about which pump I used, it was a:
Jabsco 36600 Belt Driven Diaphragm Bilge Pump - 12V

Bill

Bill Petras
Pacific Seacraft 37
Pristine

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in