I run the pacificseacraftowners.org website/board but this board is much more active so I'm thinking about shutting down the board on that website.
It's clear there is interest in a PSC community because I get a few users who register with the board each week but not much happens after that. I think that THIS board represents part of a growing PSC community....
This site does a good job of handling conversational things. But, it does not have a way to save things like:
1. a list of PSC boat blogs
2. a Frequently Asked Questions list
3. a collection of literature: things like the PSC rigging guide, the PSC tuning guide, engine manuals, windlass manuals, the note on how to seal a holding tank....
4. lists of parts suppliers, especially for those things where the original manufacturer has gone out of business
5. a permanent home for the conversations that this site does such a good job of supporting. Some years ago we lost all of the old messages when the owner changed software. There was a promise to restore them, but it did not happen.
6. a collection of upgrades and fixes
1988 PSC 34