Return to sailing after 26 years and a PSC31 - Page 2 - SailNet Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 Old 06-20-2016 Thread Starter
S/V Interlude, PSC31

Re: Return to sailing after 26 years and a PSC31

Enjoy your new-to-you boat, PSC make the best boats, and I'm hardly biased. ;^)

goat[/QUOTE]

Hello Goat, noticed your choice of boats. We had actually gone to look at three Orions that were side by side on the hard. I had always wanted one. My wife noticed the 31 just down from them that I had mentioned having a nice layout down below and the rest is history!
SecondWindNC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 Old 06-21-2016 Thread Starter
S/V Interlude, PSC31

Alright since i have been informed that many just check out the recent activity and we are determined to find other PSC owners in our area, gunna put it out there again to hear from folks on the Chesapeake! We still have a Compac 23d and have been active on the owners association there and my goodness is it an active one with multiple events. We are in fact setting up another Chesapeake gathering for later this summer, and there is an event this month, next month........

so hailing all PSC folks, this is the s/v Interlude, whose out there and particularly on "the bay"!
post #13 of 24 Old 06-22-2016
SV Skalliwag #141

Interlude: I own a PSC 37 Yawl home ported in Solomons, Md. I am currently in Little Creek, Va on a 2 week cruise, heading north. The 31 is a great go anywhere easy to singlehand boat. See you out there.

post #14 of 24 Old 06-22-2016 Thread Starter
S/V Interlude, PSC31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokesailor View Post
Interlude: I own a PSC 37 Yawl home ported in Solomons, Md. I am currently in Little Creek, Va on a 2 week cruise, heading north. The 31 is a great go anywhere easy to singlehand boat. See you out there.
Hey Brokesailor, see you're up early as well! One of the habits of being on the water. We are going to be heading down from Annapolis to our home port in Topping, Va. next week and plan to overnight in Solomons. If we take a slip somewhere any suggestions? Also might go fetch dinner if we do where would you go? Might also just stay on the hook but no dink with us. Who know's maybe we will see ya. Looks like a good day shaping up today, though some rough storms blew through yesterday evening hope they missed you, Thanx for the reply!
post #15 of 24 Old 06-23-2016
SV Skalliwag #141

Interlude: I a m presently honkered down in Indian Creek in Kilmarnock.
Solomons: if you are coming 4th of July weekend better try reservations! Zahnisers (my home marina), Spring Cove Marina (lots so shade, very nice), Solomons Yachting Center (floating docks, never been there, but looks nice).

Restaurants: The Dry Dock at Zahnisers, great view, if weekend make sure you get reservations! The Pier Restaurant-great view but the food and cleanliness last time were marginal, haven't been there since. CD a short walk from Zahnisers- no view of water. The Tiki Bar, famous, never been there, it's a hike from Zahnisers and a lot of bikers go there, never heard of a fight breaking out.

Let me know planned arrival date, I can try be there so we can meet up for a drink. [email protected]
post #16 of 24 Old 06-23-2016 Thread Starter
S/V Interlude, PSC31

As of now we are planning to slip lines in Annapolis Tuesday AM and see how the wind (or lack of it!) goes. The motor may be getting a little exercise. If all goes well and weather permits we will be in you neck of the woods Tuesday evening. will send you an email and maybe we can exchange cell numbers.

Hope this weather clears for ya, some pretty nasty stuff today.
post #17 of 24 Old 07-02-2016

Welcome to a wonderful beautiful boat, but I am a bit prejudiced. The Island Lady is hull #56 form 1989. Wishing you many happy safe hours aboard.
post #18 of 24 Old 07-05-2016 Thread Starter
S/V Interlude, PSC31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theislandlady View Post
Welcome to a wonderful beautiful boat, but I am a bit prejudiced. The Island Lady is hull #56 form 1989. Wishing you many happy safe hours aboard.
Thanks for the welcome Island Lady, our boats were born not far apart, Interlude is hull #50. We are already appreciating her ways.
Where are you located?
post #19 of 24 Old 07-05-2016

Currently at Brunswick Landng Marina in Brunswick, GA waiting for the end of hurricane season and cooler weather. Hope to head south to Fl then over to the Bahamas. Will you be in the Chesapeake for awhile? There is another new PSC 31 owner of the now Hazel James, a 1990 just two slips over from me. We are having a great time helping each other with boat chores and repairing/fixing things. He actually changed all of his standing rigging by himself while at the dock! Got the rigging from Thumper at PSC. Best of Fun times as your journey begins
post #20 of 24 Old 07-14-2016 Thread Starter
S/V Interlude, PSC31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theislandlady View Post
Currently at Brunswick Landng Marina in Brunswick, GA waiting for the end of hurricane season and cooler weather. Hope to head south to Fl then over to the Bahamas. Will you be in the Chesapeake for awhile? There is another new PSC 31 owner of the now Hazel James, a 1990 just two slips over from me. We are having a great time helping each other with boat chores and repairing/fixing things. He actually changed all of his standing rigging by himself while at the dock! Got the rigging from Thumper at PSC. Best of Fun times as your journey begins

Hey Island Lady, Sorry for the late answer to your question but have been on the boat for a while and out of touch! Heat and lack of wind drove us home. Yes we will be on the Chesapeake for awhile as we have just returned to sailing (heck had to think about which way to turn the loop on a cleat hitch!) and have never had a boat this size. I know she is small by many standards but she is three times the displacement of the Compac23D we had before. We are truly very happy with her and look forward to new horizons.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in