Fold-Up Salon Table PSC34 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 03-07-2017 Thread Starter

Fold-Up Salon Table PSC34

Hi all,

I have a PSC34 that is missing half of its salon table. It is the type that folds down from the bulkhead with a leaf pivoting out from underneath on a piano hinge, with some additional legs that pivot down to the cabin sole.

The cost to have Pacific Seacraft build it for me is prohibitive, not to mention the hassle of getting it safely to Mexico, so I am going to do it myself.

See attached photos. You can see the screw holes on the edge of the underside where the piano hinge use to be attached. The screw holes (17 of them) are exactly two inches apart, as are the holes in the hinge that attach the existing leaf to the cabinet on the bulkhead. I would assume then I need the same type of hinge, only longer.

I was wondering if some kind soul would help me out by taking some detailed pictures of their table and send them to me. I am particularly interested in the placement of the legs in the missing half of the table and how they locate in relation to the other half when the table is stowed.

Thanks,
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20170307_140200.jpg   IMG_20170307_140252.jpg  

Last edited by Jeff_P; 03-10-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-09-2017

Re: Fold-Up Salon Table PSC34

Hope these help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0101.jpg   IMG_0102.jpg  

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
post #3 of 5 Old 03-09-2017

I would have had those to you yesterday but the internet connection here is brutal. I understand why the previous owners would have removed the drop down leaf, but do not understand whey they didn't keep it. It looks like the most critical part of the job is to line up the two legs correctly. I would attach your replacement leaf to the hinge then get the legs lined up with the down post holes in the floor. Good luck to you.

Indecision may or may not be my problem.

post #4 of 5 Old 03-09-2017 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush34 View Post
I would have had those to you yesterday but the internet connection here is brutal. I understand why the previous owners would have removed the drop down leaf, but do not understand whey they didn't keep it. It looks like the most critical part of the job is to line up the two legs correctly. I would attach your replacement leaf to the hinge then get the legs lined up with the down post holes in the floor. Good luck to you.
Hush,

Thanks for the pictures, they really help. Also your suggestion with regards to getting the legs lined up. Interestingly, I do not have any down post holes in the floor for the fold down table, but there appears to be locater holes for the other type of table that was available for the PSC34. See attached picture. Maybe the original owner changed his/her mind during the build? Should be fine I think without the locator holes. Thanks again.

Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
Cabin Sole.jpg  
post #5 of 5 Old 04-03-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_P View Post
Hush,

Thanks for the pictures, they really help. Also your suggestion with regards to getting the legs lined up. Interestingly, I do not have any down post holes in the floor for the fold down table, but there appears to be locater holes for the other type of table that was available for the PSC34. See attached picture. Maybe the original owner changed his/her mind during the build? Should be fine I think without the locator holes. Thanks again.

Jeff
Those marks look like they've been there for awhile. More than likely it's similar to what the PO did with my PSC34, they sold the original deck mounted table and purchased a wall mounted table from PSC.

Strange thing in my case, the wall mount table is a little different. I don't have the hinged legs (they are loose and mounted with pins into the bottom of the table, and there is no securement at the deck). Nor do I have the fiddles. I wish that I had both. In fact, I will probably add removable fiddles sometime in the near future. I'm also thinking that I should add some pins to the bottom of the legs as well, so that they can't accidentally slide out from under the table.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in