Pacific Seacraft Orion - SailNet Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 04-03-2017 Thread Starter

Pacific Seacraft Orion

Our boat has been sitting on the hard for many years. Looking to donate to good home. If anyone knows of someone who would love her please let us know. She is a 1984 Pacific Seacraft Orion 27 feet. Currently in Annapolis MD, Thank you

Last edited by erinciok; 04-03-2017 at 02:05 PM. Reason: added location
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-03-2017
美國佬

Re: Pacific Seacraft Orion

I'd like to take a look at her. I live in Severna Park. Please email me. Thanks.

1964 Whitby 25
Severna Park, Maryland
post #3 of 11 Old 04-03-2017
Learning the HARD way...

Here's another Orion owner;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshugart View Post
Hi All,
We have been contemplating on selling*our 1983 MkII* Orion now in Port Charlotte, FL, but flip flop often for many reasons.* Taking new folks out for a sail today.* I have medical joint problems.
So I would like to know what you think of my boat with the various equipment it has (upgrades or next level unit) and what you think it should sell for.* Ok, here is what the key points are:
** "A" salon*configuration with wrap around dinette seating
** New 3ym30 Yanmar in 2006* ( I know having the 30 hp is*a rare find)...it strongly powers thru anything
** New*"Elliot Pattinson" California sails 2013 (main, 125 jib, and staysail)
** New C350 Profurl roller furler (next size)...several $$$ thousand total install refit
** New running and standing rigging 2013 and new chainplates 2016
** Quick disconnect "lever arm" inner forestay for staysail ($785)
** Whisker pole attached to mast front track
** Rigid 2' boom vang (don't need a topping lift like the big boys)* $625
** Achilles dingy and Honda 2.3Hp 2013
** Sailomat wind vane
** Dodger and attached unique awning/bimini
** Manual anchor winch
** Raymarine Autohelm 2000 (with spare actuator), Raymarine GPS-Chartplotter--Radar
** Depth and speed gauges
** Bottom painted 2016
** Refrig and*power water and hot water
** New cockpit cushions 2016 by CCushions INC out of Texas ($1000)
** EPIRB ACR Global Fix unit plus a personal ACR unit for the life jackets
** 25 lb cqr and new Rocna*Vulcan 12kg (26 lbs)...best available
** 2013 mast and boom blasted and repainted white* ($3550)
** Two plastic* dorade vents replaced with chromes bronze ($750)
** Burgundy cabin/v-berth cushions are velvet and look new
** Two 80 watt solar panels* (one needs the elect connection box to just*reclamp the terminals/connections)...no big deal.
** Mast lightning protection...spiney rod thing and grounding rod (?)** $
** Sailboat shroud radar reflector
** Custom bug netting for ports and main entry hatch.
** Wheems and Plath wall brass classic clock etc units
** AM/FM CD cabin player
** Jabsco 2013 Twist-n-Lock Compac Head with 2017 new*pump assembly ( I broke it)

The main thing left to do is do a teak cleaning and*re-oil or re-varnish.* There is no wood rotting anywhere like on some old*PSC boats I've seen.*The boot stripe and waterline looks*weathered but OK....some might want to have that repainted.* I only polished and waxed it with various compounds.* The two cabin hatches are clouded with age....haven't tried to polish them yet like with Flitz.....low priority.

There is much more but you get the picture.* This boat is ready for serious*cruising which is exactly what the two previous California owners had intentioned.* It does not have a staysail*boom or foredeck track.* And the only lines led to the cockpit cabin top are boom vang and* mainsheet.* All others are on the mast with winch.* It does not have a built in heater.* Has an Origo alcohol stove/oven.* Has 3 batteries....12v starting and pair of 6v deep cycle house.

Look forward to hearing*what anyone thinks.* I was guessing $52.5????????
Jim Shugart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also certified in Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 11 Old 04-03-2017

What is this crazy upside down world. People just giving away Pacific Seacraft sailboats. Someone should jump on this. Even half full of water its a great boat.

"Freedom is the increased knowledge of what you can do without." —Thoreau
post #5 of 11 Old 04-03-2017

I'll take it, I've owned a flicka, Allegra 24 and so on. I'm looking to have a boat on both coasts and this would be perfect. I have my pm shut off but if it's still available I'll turn it on. I'll take better care of your boat than anyone on the planet
post #6 of 11 Old 04-03-2017
美國佬

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnavigator View Post
I'll take it, I've owned a flicka, Allegra 24 and so on. I'm looking to have a boat on both coasts and this would be perfect. I have my pm shut off but if it's still available I'll turn it on. I'll take better care of your boat than anyone on the planet
I got first dibs.

1964 Whitby 25
Severna Park, Maryland
post #7 of 11 Old 04-03-2017

Pistols at dawn.
willyd likes this.

"Freedom is the increased knowledge of what you can do without." —Thoreau
post #8 of 11 Old 04-03-2017

Yes you do I don't want anything in this world badly enough to nab it out from under someone else
post #9 of 11 Old 04-05-2017
美國佬

Despite responding 8 minutes after the original posting, leaving my email, sending the owner a message, then finding the [email protected]!gsl!st ad and responding to that, I was still beaten to the punch. Apparently a hatch went missing at some point and the boat got water and mold in it, over a period of 12 years.

I've visited scads of boats in boatyards that have had this same or similar problems. Let's see, 12 years times ~$100/month = a lot more money than it would cost the yard to send someone around occasionally and put a tarp over it and call the owner if they see the hatch is missing. The boat went in value from +/- $40,000 to $1500 obo. Granted, the boat is the owner's responsibility, but what is the yard actually being paid for?

1964 Whitby 25
Severna Park, Maryland
post #10 of 11 Old 04-05-2017
Old enough to know better

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
Despite responding 8 minutes after the original posting, leaving my email, sending the owner a message, then finding the [email protected]!gsl!st ad and responding to that, I was still beaten to the punch. Apparently a hatch went missing at some point and the boat got water and mold in it, over a period of 12 years.

I've visited scads of boats in boatyards that have had this same or similar problems. Let's see, 12 years times ~$100/month = a lot more money than it would cost the yard to send someone around occasionally and put a tarp over it and call the owner if they see the hatch is missing. The boat went in value from +/- $40,000 to $1500 obo. Granted, the boat is the owner's responsibility, but what is the yard actually being paid for?
I think they should contact the owner. I just can't see someone actually paying the yard bill for 12 years and not even checking on there boat. I know some yards down in the tropics include services like checking on the boat at an extra cost. I have never heard of an US yard offering the service. I looked at a boat that the companionway slider had blown open in Sandy, and over a year later it was still open. Sad that is somehting a yard could have simply slid it closed. They actually moved the boat in moving boats in and out so they should have noticed.

1976 C&C 33
Project boat, lots of work to be done!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in