PSC34: Profurl C32 on a circa 1988 boat? - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-12-2018 Thread Starter

PSC34: Profurl C32 on a circa 1988 boat?

One of the foils cracked over the winter or possibly when the mast was transported.

I need to order a new foil but I'm not sure what model Profurl I have. I have some old profurl documentation and a previous owner circled the C32 model so I'm wondering if that's what I have.

Thanks for your help!

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1551.png  

Bob Dugan
1988 PSC34 Emerald
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA // Bustins Island, ME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-12-2018

Re: PSC34: Profurl C32 on a circa 1988 boat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdugan View Post
One of the foils cracked over the winter or possibly when the mast was transported.

I need to order a new foil but I'm not sure what model Profurl I have. I have some old profurl documentation and a previous owner circled the C32 model so I'm wondering if that's what I have.

Thanks for your help!

Bob
The model should be on the bottom piece of your furler, on the other side of the "profurl" label.
It could be the C32 or NC32 classic.
I suggest you get a parts explosion diagram to obtain the part number before your research.

http://www.profurl.com/images/info_p...elite32-58.pdf

Google C32 foil. I got parts for my unit (NC32) from them:

https://www.mauriprosailing.com/us/c...are-Parts.html
The Following User Says Thank You to SVTatia For This Useful Post:
bobdugan (06-12-2018)
post #3 of 4 Old 06-12-2018

Location: The house is in Kingsport, TN. Boats are on Watauga Lake and in New Bern, NC

Mine is a N31. Round foil, one slot, 31mm in diameter. I sent some literature to your stonehill address.

Profurl was not overly stocked with parts. Rigging Services in Miami was more helpful.

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes
The Following User Says Thank You to wsmurdoch For This Useful Post:
bobdugan (06-12-2018)

post #4 of 4 Old 06-19-2018 Thread Starter

Here's an update.

I've put some hose clamps on the foil and taped them with sail tape. I can't get the hose clamps up as high as I'd like because the crack is close to where the luff enters the foil track and early attempts I saw the luff being pushed out of the track as I tightened up on the main halyard.

Profurl was not good about returning my calls, but with some persistence, I was able to get them to confirm the part number that I needed for the lower foil (2218). It's the same for many of the 32 models. They told me to call Vela Sailing to order the part and I was very happy with Vela Sailing.

The parts are being shipped to the yard that I work with in Maine. If they are too busy I will try installing the parts myself, otherwise I'll let them handle it. Should be about a week to get the parts.

Bob

Bob Dugan
1988 PSC34 Emerald
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA // Bustins Island, ME
The Following User Says Thank You to bobdugan For This Useful Post:
wsmurdoch (06-19-2018)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in