4Likes
  • 2 Post By Damon Gannon
  • 1 Post By Markwesti
  • 1 Post By wsmurdoch

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
deisher6

PS34 Cockpit Table (without Pedistal)

I would welcome any plans or pictures of a cockpit table for a PS 34 with a tiller.

It would be used when not underway.

I first thought of a center hinged wide board that would wedge between the two cockpit stowage compartments in the coaming. It could wedge between the teak fiddle and the bottom of the compartment. It would span the width of the cockpit and be about as wide as the compartment.

I am thinking that such a table would help keep me from dripping bean dip off of a nacho on my next to last clean t-shirt, as sadly happened last weekend.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
regards charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago
One of None

Re: PS34 Cockpit Table (without Pedistal)

You can probably buy something cheaper than you can build it.

but, if you want to build something you want to first do some measuring maybe take some pictures,

Generally, table height is 30" h
when sitting down chair height is usually about 17" h

For inspiration, take a look at some fold-flat camp tables and stools, that you see in stores like Cabela's.

"Next best thing to not having a boat? The knowledge from having one!" Denise, Bristol PA, On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!
The Following User Says Thank You to deniseO30 For This Useful Post:
[email protected] (4 Weeks Ago)
post #3 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-a...ing-system-331

post #4 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago

I think it's in the Sailor's Sketchbook by Bruce Bingham , It's a table that mounts onto the tiller . I think it would not be that practical because you would have to tie it off , so someone would be roped in . I like Damon's suggestion .
[email protected] likes this.

Westsail 28 , Patricia A
post #5 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago

Location: The house is in Kingsport, TN. Boats are on Watauga Lake and in New Bern, NC

See the links in post 31... https://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacif...tml#post660504

I have since made a better (?) table using a teak veneer table top from Defender and aluminum legs made from junkyard scrap. I'll post pictures tomorrow, or you can come by the boat and take a look. I'm in NW Creek Marina slip D34 and plan to be here through Friday pulling the transmission and doing a few other tasks.

The original pine prototype table shown in the links is in my garage waiting to become kindling. If you would like it, send me your address in a PM, and I'll send it to you or bring it back to New Bern next time I come.

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes
[email protected] likes this.
post #6 of 7 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
deisher6

Thank all of you for your suggestions.

Yesterday, I checked out Irish Eye's improved version of her cockpit table. It is not only good looking but very functional. The same could be said for Irish Eyes.

Thanks again.

regards charlie
post #7 of 7 Old 1 Hour Ago
s/v Pelagic

I made an expandable table for our C37. I’ll try to post some pics but we’re still out so may have to wait.

The base is a Garelok removable support. The hinged table leaf support is from Rockler but was not enough so added the telescoping support tube. It seats four comfortably.

Let me know if you need any more info

John
s/v Pelagic
1980 C37 Yawl
Attached Thumbnails
FE80F6FE-3EF0-4F20-BC04-EC5EDE2F15CC_1569109648496.jpeg   35B04639-CEA3-43CB-906E-5A435A0546C7_1569110033692.jpeg  

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in