SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

PS34 Cockpit Table (without Pedistal)

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Windrunner 
#1 ·
I would welcome any plans or pictures of a cockpit table for a PS 34 with a tiller.

It would be used when not underway.

I first thought of a center hinged wide board that would wedge between the two cockpit stowage compartments in the coaming. It could wedge between the teak fiddle and the bottom of the compartment. It would span the width of the cockpit and be about as wide as the compartment.

I am thinking that such a table would help keep me from dripping bean dip off of a nacho on my next to last clean t-shirt, as sadly happened last weekend.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
regards charlie

#2 ·
You can probably buy something cheaper than you can build it.

but, if you want to build something you want to first do some measuring maybe take some pictures,

Generally, table height is 30" h
when sitting down chair height is usually about 17" h

For inspiration, take a look at some fold-flat camp tables and stools, that you see in stores like Cabela's.

Reactions: Windrunner
#5 ·
See the links in post 31... https://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/68489-wheel-tiller-conversion-4.html#post660504

I have since made a better (?) table using a teak veneer table top from Defender and aluminum legs made from junkyard scrap. I'll post pictures tomorrow, or you can come by the boat and take a look. I'm in NW Creek Marina slip D34 and plan to be here through Friday pulling the transmission and doing a few other tasks.

The original pine prototype table shown in the links is in my garage waiting to become kindling. If you would like it, send me your address in a PM, and I'll send it to you or bring it back to New Bern next time I come.

Bill Murdoch
1988 PSC 34
Irish Eyes

#7 ·
I made an expandable table for our C37. I’ll try to post some pics but we’re still out so may have to wait.

The base is a Garelok removable support. The hinged table leaf support is from Rockler but was not enough so added the telescoping support tube. It seats four comfortably.

Let me know if you need any more info

John
s/v Pelagic
1980 C37 Yawl

Attachments

#8 ·
Thanks to Bill and Irish Eyes.

Bill donated his handmade cockpit table V.1 to Windrunner. It has worked great the last three outings: holding plenty of chow, snacks, and beer for gatherings.

The table was designed to attach to the stern seat without any modifications to the boat. Unfortunately the stern seat on Wndrunner was modified when the mizzen mast was installed, so I attached the table to the teak slats under the seat. There are two holes in the top slat where the rear table legs are attached.

I plan on producing my own V.2 and passing V.0 on to a sailing buddy who has shown interest.

Thanks Bill and Irish Eyes.

regards charlie

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.