Fairclough Cover for Crealock 34 - For Sale - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-30-2019 Thread Starter

Fairclough Cover for Crealock 34 - For Sale

Crealock 34 Fairclough Cover
Would like to pass this on to Crealock 34 owner:
Full winter cover with little use. Two pieces, down to waterline, mast up or mast down model. Excellent condition. Fraction of original cost.....Local pickup in NYC.
Used only four winters while boat was hauled on-shore. Excellent condition. Designed to be used while in water with mast up, or on-shore with mast down. Canvas is heavy duty, and was made in two pieces. This is the best cover that Fairclough makes. Complete with frames, lines. Much better alternative to shrink wrap or tarp. Boat remains clean, and indoor environment is much more stable.
The cover cost was $3300. Sell for $1700 or best reasonable offer.
For further reference search Fairclough winter boat covers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-30-2019

Re: Fairclough Cover for Crealock 34 - For Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by retomas View Post
Crealock 34 Fairclough Cover
Would like to pass this on to Crealock 34 owner:
Full winter cover with little use. Two pieces, down to waterline, mast up or mast down model. Excellent condition. Fraction of original cost.....Local pickup in NYC.
Used only four winters while boat was hauled on-shore. Excellent condition. Designed to be used while in water with mast up, or on-shore with mast down. Canvas is heavy duty, and was made in two pieces. This is the best cover that Fairclough makes. Complete with frames, lines. Much better alternative to shrink wrap or tarp. Boat remains clean, and indoor environment is much more stable.
The cover cost was $3300. Sell for $1700 or best reasonable offer.
For further reference search Fairclough winter boat covers
I am considering covering my Crealock 34 when I am not using her. She is in Florida, where the sun is not kind to boats. Is it feasible to store the cover in the boat? I had a cover for a boat in San Diego, and it worked well, but I have no experience with Fairclough covers. Thanks.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-30-2019

We have a Fairclough. Best cover IMO. Allows the boat to breath, much better than shrinkwrap.

The cover itself would take up a lot of room down below, but would likely fit somewhere and render that location inaccessible. It's all the framing that would not fit below easily. We store ours at the marina. We pay them to install and remove too, but it can be DIY.

One heads up is that, just like sails, they require annual inspection and maintenance for longevity. Ours is roughly 10 years old and has had several repairs by now. Wind and snow load do a number, especially if you have anything that might chafe, even slightly. Just the smooth stainless cap on our rubrail nearly wore through in some places. I needed to have a reinforcement sewn in for the entire length. Normal and worth it.

The other note I'll make, just to be sure of a good seller/buyer match is that each cover is semi-custom. They work around davits and other potential differences between hulls. Easily and fairly inexpensively altered, if necessary.

I won't opine on whether I think the advertised price is fair, but like in everything, I assume there is some room for negotiating.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

post #4 of 6 Old 10-30-2019
Top Sekret Ninja Sailor

My new to me boat (J/32) came with a Fairclough cover. It's a very well made piece of gear. While the cover itself takes up a fair bit of room, it's the frame that takes up the most space. The biggest frame pieces are 16 feet long and some are 10 feet long. That isn't a big deal to transport if you have a vehicle with a roof rack.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-31-2019

I think that what I need is a summer cover.
Fairclough makes the best winter storage covers.
Thanks eveyone.

Last edited by rschudy; 10-31-2019 at 03:57 PM.
post #6 of 6 Old 10-31-2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschudy View Post
I think that what I need is a summer cover.
Fairclough makes the best winter storage covers.
Thanks eveyone.
While I'd say they are the best covers either way, if you're looking for something you'd take on and off frequently, it's certainly not what it's designed for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in