Looking at 34/37 Saturday - Page 5 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 Old 12-18-2008

Ah-ha! We started windsurfing about the same time, apparently. (My first was a Bic 250 - maybe 25 yrs ago.) We've had our 37' only a year now, so still learning, but really hoping "big" boat sailing can give the same rush as carving the perfect jibe. At least she can take us to some really nice destinations....someday....soon, I hope. Will be interested in seeing your pics, as I wonder how much the interior has changed. Topsides seems similiar, tho ours is a yawl - which I guess means we're not alike at all! -- Ellen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 12-20-2008 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenwhite2 View Post
Ah-ha! We started windsurfing about the same time, apparently. (My first was a Bic 250 - maybe 25 yrs ago.) We've had our 37' only a year now, so still learning, but really hoping "big" boat sailing can give the same rush as carving the perfect jibe. At least she can take us to some really nice destinations....someday....soon, I hope. Will be interested in seeing your pics, as I wonder how much the interior has changed. Topsides seems similiar, tho ours is a yawl - which I guess means we're not alike at all! -- Ellen
I guess my first board was an Utracat that I raced some. My first shortboard was a Mistral Challenge Flex, but I use custom boards mostly. Some Exocets.... Favorite sailing spots are Pistol River, Or, and San Carlos, Baja. Between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz are some gems too. Since I live in NC I windsurf Wilmington and Hatteras when I can. Looking forward ( no pun intended) to having a couple of boards for Ocracoke.

Anyway, here're some more pics, and as requested some interior shots. Steve has offered to alter some of the wood work along one of the shelfs in order to give more room on the portside 'couch'. It's pretty narrow on this boat due to a design that created a wide bookshelf. My better half is a professor so I'll probably keep the wide book shelf for her.

Regards,
Alan
I'll try to sneak in a windsurfing photo
Attached Thumbnails
psc123.jpg   psc1234.jpg   psc1345.jpg   psc123456.jpg   psc1234567.jpg  

Last edited by Alannc44; 12-20-2008 at 03:14 PM. Reason: grammar
post #43 of 45 Old 12-20-2008
moderate?

Sweet!! Alan...you may have to establish a book rule on board...one on...one out! Parting is such sweet sorrow!!

No longer posting. Reach me by PM!

post #44 of 45 Old 12-21-2008 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie View Post
Sweet!! Alan...you may have to establish a book rule on board...one on...one out! Parting is such sweet sorrow!!
I have a feeling I'm going to have to do the same with my windsurfing gear.

Maybe I'll get Steve/Raul (production manager) to build me a nice rack for my boards. They'll customize anything you want in these boats.

Alan
post #45 of 45 Old 12-21-2008
moderate?

Hah...I knew a guy who had a big fiberglass tube built about 12 ft. long and about a foot in diameter and then installed on his Hans Christian 33. Inside, he stored a complete ultralight engine powered glider! It looked like he had a cannon on board...but it worked for him!

No longer posting. Reach me by PM!

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in