SailNet Community

SailNet Community (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Pacific Seacraft (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/)
-   -   Comments on this PSC 37 (https://www.sailnet.com/forums/pacific-seacraft/59989-comments-psc-37-a.html)

brokesailor 11-22-2009 06:49 AM

Comments on this PSC 37

U am in the market for a PSC 37. This boat is in Fort Lauderdale. My wife is in love with it. (could it be the TV?) Anyway any comments regarding all that weight on the transom please.

1994 Pacific Seacraft Cutter Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

lsbrodsky 11-22-2009 09:33 AM

If you could rip all of that junk off of the stern, it is a beautiful boat. Why would anyone do that to a Pacific Seacraft?

Larry

niftynickers 11-22-2009 11:56 AM

That boat is equipped for cruising-not for around the bouys sailing.Just to add all that gear to a stock boat is an easy $20k.If your plans are to cruise that boat is a bargain IMHO.
Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

JohnRPollard 11-22-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niftynickers (Post 544265)
That boat is equipped for cruising-not for around the bouys sailing.Just to add all that gear to a stock boat is an easy $20k.If your plans are to cruise that boat is a bargain IMHO.
Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

I agree with Chuck. That is a hell of a nice 37 with loads of options/custom add-ons, at a great price. Yeah, the arch is not to everyone's liking, but I'll bet it offers some serious practical advantages.

Funny, though, I thought the TVs were overkill.:eek:

BirdBrain333 11-22-2009 12:16 PM

Some Disassembly required

I agree with others, if I were looking and the price were within my range (or even as much as 15K to 20K above) I'd bid in a heartbeat and then sell the arch to some souped up power boat quickly before I got used to it!

Jay

PSC 37 # 171, Kenlanu

wwilson 11-22-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lsbrodsky (Post 544224)
If you could rip all of that junk off of the stern, it is a beautiful boat. Why would anyone do that to a Pacific Seacraft?

Larry

Agree! Very nice boats and a very pretty example. PSC was on my short list back in 2000. That "arch" however is a major eyesore. Nifty is probably right, but Larry - I agree... ugh!

Wayne

teejayevans 11-22-2009 03:24 PM

I can't imagine the windvane works very well enclosed within
the super structure, other than being ugly, it's just not that
practical.
Tom

MikeinLA 11-22-2009 04:05 PM

I think the PSCs are far to beautiful to ruin their aesthetics with an arch. That being said, however, once you convince yourself that you need a huge solar panel, a wind generator and radar-on-a-stick, you have to ask yourself where else is there really to put all that stuff? I think numerous 10' poles might look just as bad. My preference would be two fold-out panels mounted outboard on either side of the cockpit and the radar on the mast. There is a '99 PSC 37 listed here in SoCal with an arch too, so at least you won't be the only one. Love the TV.

Mike

teejayevans 11-22-2009 07:29 PM

BTW, you can buy a USB TV adapter for your laptop that will turn your laptop into a TV, they handle Digital broadcasts and cost less than $75. They also can be configured to handle foreign broadcast formats.
Anybody remember the 1970 Plymouth Superbird?? Kinda reminds me of that car.
Tom

brokesailor 11-23-2009 06:55 AM

My broker says that the boat seems to be sitting low in the the water at the stern. I would think that this would affect it's sailing performance, maybe cause it to hobby horse when going to weather. Also I imagine it affects it's capsize ratio.