Yacht Specialties Idler Pulley - Page 2 - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 Old 04-12-2011

BTW, newer PSCs have rack & pinion steering, don't know if it can be retro fitted, might be worth a look, factory probably could send you the parts.
Tom

PS31#111 Cielo Azul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 Old 04-12-2011 Thread Starter

John,
Thanks. I emailed Minneys with a pic and they said they didn't have one right now. I sent an email to Thumper at PSC and he is going to check their used parts stock to see if he has one from a refit or conversion.

Tom,
I've been looking at the Edson CD-I pedestals but they are at least twice as much as chain and cable. I am seriously considering a new pedestal now that I have this problem. My pedestal needs painting badly, the wheel brake is getting pretty worn, the wheel has alot of play on the shaft and so on.
This might just be the time to upgrade. I wish this had happened before I mounted the blocks for the Monitor because I am sure they'll have to be moved.
One question: all the new Edson destroyer wheels are dished. Do you have a dished wheel and if so, does it create any problems with the Monitor wheel adapter?

Adam
post #13 of 16 Old 04-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamowens View Post
John,
Thanks. I emailed Minneys with a pic and they said they didn't have one right now. I sent an email to Thumper at PSC and he is going to check their used parts stock to see if he has one from a refit or conversion.

Tom,
I've been looking at the Edson CD-I pedestals but they are at least twice as much as chain and cable. I am seriously considering a new pedestal now that I have this problem. My pedestal needs painting badly, the wheel brake is getting pretty worn, the wheel has alot of play on the shaft and so on.
This might just be the time to upgrade. I wish this had happened before I mounted the blocks for the Monitor because I am sure they'll have to be moved.
One question: all the new Edson destroyer wheels are dished. Do you have a dished wheel and if so, does it create any problems with the Monitor wheel adapter?

Adam
I don't see why the blocks would have to move? There can't be that much difference between old/new pedestals?
Yes, mind is a dished wheel, no trouble with the wheel adapter.
Also. I have the single engine control, you have to consider that as well.
Tom

PS31#111 Cielo Azul

post #14 of 16 Old 04-13-2011

Spare steering cable?

Do most of you have a spare steering cable on board? I think I'd like to get one, but I'm not sure where to order the cable, and what size to ask for.

I'm smiling today because our boat is going in the water... finally. Although the weather is pretty nasty outside.

Bob

Bob Dugan
1988 PSC34 Emerald
Jubilee Yacht Club Beverly, MA // Bustins Island, ME
post #15 of 16 Old 04-13-2011

If anyone upgrades their Yacht Specialties pedestal to an Edson, I'd be interested in buying the old YS pedestal guard. I'm not in a hurry on this, so please keep this request in mind in the future.

Al Lorman
PSC 31 No. 55 Ann West
post #16 of 16 Old 04-15-2011 Thread Starter

Does anyone have any pics of a 31 with tiller steering?

Adam

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in