Holding Tanks with Urine only - Page 5 - SailNet Community
 51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 Old 3 Days Ago

Re: Holding Tanks with Urine only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
The only effective way to keep sewage out of the NDZ is to have a mobile, free service. By free, I only mean per use free. I could be built into slip or mooring charges or perhaps a permit of some sort. You just can't tag people $5,$10 or more at a time. They skip it. Whether it's a boat that comes by or a dock cart, it's the only way to make it work. You shouldn't need to be aboard either.
NPT has a pump out boat you hail on the VHF... no charge.
Minnewaska likes this.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

Last edited by SanderO; 3 Days Ago at 05:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 3 Days Ago Thread Starter

Dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don0190 View Post
One on the main reasons I chose my current marina is that it has pump out at every slip. Yes it still is a little bit of hassle to have to walk to end on the dock to turn the pump on, wheel down the pump cart with hose, hook it up and pump, wheel the cart back to the storage shed (on the way to turning off the pump), and turning off the pump.

If countries were serious about it all marinas would have it... And for free.

The US$31 per pump out makes it almost mandatory to try to sneak around.

Mark
chef2sail and Minnewaska like this.

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know
post #43 of 45 Old 3 Days Ago

Suggest using ONLY fresh water from shower hose for flushing. I also use a Raritan product called KO (Kills Oder) which has some biological enzymes that eats waste products. Cleans and makes the head smell nice too.
SanderO and MarkofSeaLife like this.

Mike
Currently: Enjoying Summer's sailing season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 45 Old 3 Days Ago

A former marina pumped out all residents every Mon-Tues, from a pump out boat. You just left an orange burgee tied to your lifeline, adjacent to the pump out fitting, which identified that it needed to be done and where the fitting was located. Beautiful system. Absolutely no reason anyone would cheat.

Current marina has pump out at fuel dock. I see folks go over just for it, but very, very few, even thought itís free. Self serve and rolling out your own dock cart or extending hundreds of feet of hose would work, but itís second best by some margin to someone just doing it, like I describe above.

Curiously, I donít think our country may actually be all that serious about it, understanding that recreation vessels really arenít the problem. Not an excuse to ignore the law, but the powers at be may realize the benefit is not worth the cost of the infrastructure.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
post #45 of 45 Old 1 Hour Ago

Currently in a marina with water that gets stinky real fast. Fresh water flush. I put a wee hit of Simple Green in it to keep everything smelling purty. Fill it with the hose through the hatch every couple of days.

SanderO likes this.

Keth

Boat Vinyl Lettering and Graphics

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in